Chapter 9

I gazed out of the private plane's window, taking in the expansive view below. The lush landscapes of Scarabaegaria were coming into view, a sight that made my heart flutter with excitement and nervousness. It felt like I was returning to a land of myths and memories. Home.

I was alone in this huge private plane, since naunang umuwi sila Mommy at Daddy sa Scarabaegaria. After my last encounter at them sa Mansion nila sa Philippines nung kasama ko si Clark, the day after nun ay umuwi na sila sa Scarabaegaria.

Astrid never caught up with us because, well, we left like a bat out of hell. I hadn't heard from him since, and let's just say, I'm not naive enough to think we wouldn't cross paths again in Scarabaegaria.

I stayed behind in the Philippines for a few more days. Ace and Rage's wedding was a blast, but I still had a mountain of company paperwork to sift through before resigning. And honestly, the Philippines was starting to feel like home. Leaving was bittersweet, the country had become a part of me.

My friends are coming over on other occasions here in Scarabaegaria. Pero dahil may sari-sarili kaming buhay, tanggap naman na nila na babalik na ko sa sarili kong bansa. Ayi told me na bibisitahin niya ko kapag nagka time siya at ganun din ang iba.

Si Romeo naman ay naiwan sa Philippines since nandoon siya nagtatrabaho. He gave me the most dramatic farewell speech ever. I can still hear his whiny goodbye, it's a wonder I didn't break into tears just from his over-the-top theatrics. Mas bagay talaga sa kanya mag artista.

After Ace and Rage's wedding, I hopped on the next flight to Scarabaegaria. There was a lot to do, and I had to dive right into royal responsibilities.

Ate Aura's voice jolted me from my thoughts. "Your Royal Highness, we'll be landing in Scarabaegaria in an hour." Her formality was comforting and a bit amusing. I gave her a smile and told her to take a seat and rest.

The déjà vu was strong as I closed my eyes, trying to shake off the nerves. I had no idea if the Scarabaegarians would be thrilled to see me again after all that happened years ago.

I missed Adreanna terribly. I sighed, feeling the weight of her absence. I needed to move past it, everyone else had already moved on. Why was I still stuck in the past?

She doesn't just the 'past'. She's my Adreanna.

As I scrolled through my phone, Ate Aura appeared in front of me. "Your Royal Highness, take a look out the window. Welcome back to Scarabaegaria." She said with a bow. I glanced outside, and there it was—Bian, the capital of Scarabaegaria, sprawling beneath us. Excitement bubbled up, but my nerves were still doing a jitterbug.

Next year, my parents would be stepping down as the King and Queen of South Scarabaegaria, leaving me as the sole heir. My journey as the next ruler was about to begin, and I hoped I was up to the task.

For now, my return was a secret. The paparazzi were ravenous for any scrap of news about me, rumors were swirling that Astrid and I might be rekindling things or that I was marrying another prince.

As long as I had the freedom to roam before the public announcement, I am happy. I'd let the world know of my return when the time was right, after discussing it with Dad.

When I stepped out of the car, driven by Kuya Jerry, my personal butler, I was greeted by a row of soldiers and a sea of bowing servants. It felt like stepping into a royal parade. Ate Aura guided me through the palace entrance, where Mom and Dad were waiting eagerly.

"Kalila, sweetheart!" Mom enveloped me in a warm hug, her excitement clear as she planted kisses on my cheeks. Dad followed with his own heartfelt embrace and a kiss on my forehead. "You may rest now, Princess," he said, his kindness making me feel truly blessed.