Part 23 - Angels and Demons

Dannii/ Walking down the stairs of my apartment, loud beats of electronic popmusic bounce up to greet me. The Cake Shop is filled with family, friends and townies. Making it a themed party was a great idea.

Jackie insisted on an Angels and Demons theme. For the second year in a row, throwing this New Year's Eve Party, the place is packed. All kinds of demons and divine creatures are dancing and having a good time. Nick did a great job with the romantic Christmas lights. The wooden floor is covered with a mystic smoky cloud, making it seem like everybody's floating through the air. Like Angels flying over the clouds.

Jackie went for an Angel, all in white and I wanted a sexy Devil costume, covered with black and red lace.

I know it should be the other way around but I'm not feeling the whole angelic thing these days.

In about two hours the countdown begins. I scowl, as I force myself to ignore the fact that my skirt is way to short. I shouldn't have let Jackie pick out the outfits. I should have gone to the store myself.

Ok, let's mingle!

On the beats of Billie Eilishs 'Bad Guy', I dance my way to the makeshift bar, to make sure if everything is in place. On my way I chat with a few neighbors.

My mom dressed as a nun and Richard dressed as a pastor are dancing, a bit to lovey-dovey if you ask me. Richard in his pastor costume singing "I'm a bad guy..."  makes it a pretty weird sight, or just plain creepy, I can't decide. I guess Charlotte was right about those two.

At the entrance, Nick and Charlotte are talking to Lena and Sara Clifford. The Clifford twins own the bridal shop, a few doors down the street.

In the middle of the dance floor Jackie is getting it on with an old hockey buddy of Nick.
I frown as I realize, Jackie already dated him. It wasn't that good of a date, that she would slave herself for him right now. I guess she's already drunk? A bit early but he, with Jackie you never know.

"What are we doing?" I look at her with amusement. "Are we already drunk?" I ask when she turns to me and dances a dirty dance with me.

"Noooo, dancing with this boring dude is a lot more fun when I'm drunk." She giggles as she slurs out every word. "Oeps, I'll let you in on a secret. I am drunk!" She really emphasizes on  the word drunk as she yells it into my ears. Than turns to the buff hockey player and wraps her arms around his neck. I grimace as he smiles at her, with that showing the loss of a few teeth in the front.

"Ok, you know best!" I yell over the loud music and leave her with her play boy. At least that's what she thinks. I go straight up to Nick and Charlotte to inform them of our drunken sailor on the dance floor. Nick rushes down and drags Jackie off of the dance floor, kicking and screaming.

She'll thank me in the morning!

Hank Collins, our veterinarian and his lovely wife Jeanie are overseeing the bar. Their 17 year old son Robby and a loyal employee of The Cake Shop during the summer break, is in charge of snacks.

"Hi Dannii, great party!" The young boy flushes as he speaks first. Making his freckles disappear into the emerging pink skin. He throws his head back making his ginger colored hair fly to the side.

"Thanks Robby." I smile, turning to his parents to say hello.

"Would you like to dance... maybe?" He sounds very hopeful.

That's adorable.

"Sure!" One dance won't hurt. I follow him to the dance floor. On spot he puts one hand nicely on my back and takes my hand in his other hand. "What a gentleman, you are." I comment. "You are going to make some girl very happy one day!" he instantly frowns. Guess he wanted more from me than just a dance.

Euw, Well that's not going to happen!

I shift my eyes uncomfortably, through the venue and see Amber, a girl from his class, looking at me. Oh, if eyes could shoot, I'd be dead right now.

Dressed as an Angel, she twirls her finger through her blond wavy hair, thinking about the best way to kill me, I'm sure!

Ah ha! I see what's going on here. She was a very regular costumer this summer. Whenever Robby worked, she was present. Having a strawberry shake with a cherry on top. Always disappointed if I made him work in the back.

"Robby, why don't you ask Amber for a dance, I should check on the DJ, I think he's not respecting the sound barrier." I lie.

"I don't, know. I don't think she likes me that much!" He sounds insecure.

"Well I think she does. So give it a try!" I turn him around and give him a little push in the right direction. Quickly turning on my feet, I walk over to the DJ.

When the tunes of 'Too Emotional' (Walking on Cars) blares out of the speaker's, I smile satisfied. Amber and Robby are dancing shyly at first but as the music picks up, Robby shows her he's quite the little dancer. With that dancing his way into her hart.

"This outfit is wrong in so many ways!" A familiar male voice tickles my ear.

Full of surprise I want to turn a round. "Don't!" My hands are pinned next to my body, making my heart pickup a beat as I feel his hands on my skin.

'I can't move, I can't breathe when I'm close to you.' Patrick Sheehy sings. And boy, is he right on this one! I'm frozen in place.

"First saving my sister from a dumb ass drunken mistake, than bringing the prince and his future princess together." He refers to Robby and Amber. " ... that isn't something a devil would do!" I feel his breath in my neck, making my temperature rise a few bars.

"But you pull it off though. Makes me wonder... how much of a devil actually lives inside of you?" I feel him nuzzle in my hair. Excitement creeping up on me.

Fuck, my panties are getting wet just by hearing his voice.

"I'm no Angel!" I try to sound unaffected. As his hands trail up and down my arms, so antagonizing slow. "What are you doing here, Benjamin!" I snap, keeping my eyes on the people dancing in front of me. But all I can see is HIM.

"Dance with me, Danielle!" He ignores my question, his lips on my neck, nibbling there way to my shoulder.

I nod, knowing very well, he wasn't asking. This Vampire already has my hand in his, on the ritme of 'Creep' (Radiohead) he guides me down to a dark corner of the room.

I guess Nick forgot to put up the lights here? I look up to see why it's so dark on this side. Not noticing, the distance between me and this demonic creature is vanishing as he pulls me closer in his strong arms, until I'm fully pressed against him.

Startled by his close proximity, I'm immediately put in a haze by his lemon and minty scent. My hands resting on his chest, keeping me steady as we slowly start to move on this sexy pulse coming from the sound system.

"Benjamin..." Why is he even here. I look around. Trying to focus on something else than him, so my brain can get a kickstart and connect with my body again.

"Don't worry, nobody knows I'm here." He gently rubs his thumbs against the bare skin on my back. Making the blood in my veins run on electricity.

While the music plays on, people start to disappear into the mystic smoke. It's just him and me now.

"I had to see you, one more time. Before ... Can we talk? Somewhere private?" His piercing blue eyes, noticeable through the mask he's wearing, are begging me to say yes.

I tear myself away from his gaze, my heart and head disagreeing on what I am about to do next.

I love a good costume party 😈.

Getting close to the end of the book now, only a few chapters left, but still a lot to process here 😰!

I hope you all liked it so far 🥰?

Please vote ⭐️.