Chapter 27

PART 2 OF THE BACKSTORY;
Vernon's pov:

Mother gave birth to my sister, about 4 years ago now. And we moved into this small house on the coast of America in New York.

I was used to it now, and it was a nice change from a massive house.
Every time I mention to my parents about having an older sibling they always deny it, so maybe they are right. The fire must have got to my head all them years ago.

Today was actually my sisters birthday.
Not that she would ever remember it but we had to make her happy.

"Shhh, she is waking up now."
The room quieted down and I saw her few friends from school waiting for her by the cake.

My mother came down the stairs while holding one of Y/n's hands and one was placed in front of her eyes.
Then we all started to sing happy birthday to her.
She was cute as she smiled widely.

Soon she reached the cake and mom moved her hands from her eyes.
"Okay blow the candles out now sweetie." My mother told her.

Soon the room went dark and an applaud was heard from around us.

If I was honest I just wanted to go to my room and play on my computer. But, I had to stay here for this stupid party.
The lights turned on again and we smiled at one another.
"Dad, can I slip off upstairs now?" I asked him but he quickly shook his head.
"Maybe after lunch time."

I sighed in annoyance and sat myself down on the sofa watching her walk over to her pile of gifts.

After about the 4th box she called my name.

"Vernon?"

I walked and sat by her.
"Who is this by?"

I turned the box round and saw a name on the bottom.
"Minho.. is he one of your class mates?"

"No.. I don't know a Minho." Her cute voice shouted out.

"Well.. what was in the box?" I asked her.
She ripped off the packaging and she was holding something in her dainty hands. 

I took it off her and it was a long piece of paper.
She wouldn't be able to read this? Was this person mad?

I opened it for her and my eyes scanned across the paper.
I was getting better at reading so I gave it a go and tried to read the text.
Then I got confused, it wasn't even addressed to Y/n.

Dear Mom,
Hopefully Y/n will show you this, when she can't understand this writing.
I just wanted to say, I hate you. I hate you so much for leaving me like you did. Now I am 18 I will not be living in peace. I want to ruin your family like you ruined mine. Yes, we aren't the same family. Not anymore.
In the bottom of this box you will find an image.
Yes. I did some digging, and it turns out your husband hasn't been faithful to you.
He had an affair but you are still clueless to this all.

I didn't know what some of these words meant but I kept on reading.

Mom, I moved to Korea. Where you are from and I spoke to grandma. She is looking after me now. But I just wanted to tell you I'm still alive. And also, let you know about father. Because, he isn't the man you think he is.
Your old son, Minho.

I wrapped up the letter again and I looked around the room. That barely made sense to me, but was that the sibling I thought i had? I knew the guy on the photos wasn't just a ghost or an image I was seeing in my head.

I walked up to my mom and I handed it to her.
"I think this is for you." I simply stated and I went to sit on the sofa again.
She will know what to do with it.

Subtlety I kept looking in her direction and I saw her face turned to a horror expression. Was it really that bad.

She rushed over now to Y/n scattering through all the gifts.
"Where is that box. WHERE IS IT." She shouted and the whole room went silent.

I moved towards her passing her the box that Y/n had shown me and my mother picked up a thin sheet of paper from inside.

What was going on? Did that letter cause this.
Her body moved towards the kitchen and I heard an echoing slap.

"This is over between you and me."

She threw the paper at him and she quickly raced upstairs crying.
I wish I was old enough to understand what was going on.

Present: Y/n's pov:
Minho had finished telling his part and Vernon remembered the day of Y/n's birthday party.

"Dad.. dad had an affair?"
Me and Vernon looked at each other and heavy tears dripped down my face.
So it wasn't the money of Jisungs dad. She just wanted a distraction from the pain.
And I thought dad was the good guy.

"I'm sorry Minho." I didn't care what he had done to me at this point and I just collapsed on him wrapping my arms around him.

"You will always be my older brother. I'm sorry for not finding you sooner."

And to my surprise Minho grabbed Vernon's arm and we all just sat there on the bed in an embrace. Minho slowly stroked my head and he sighed.
"I wished I had stayed with my family. I wished I had never caused that stupid fire I was so selfish."
I shook my head.
"Don't think like that. It was our parents fault for kicking you out. They should have been there for you."
My tears were stronger but they felt more happier now.
In this moment I felt protected and happy. Did this mean Minho was going to help us?

Backstory is over with 🤟🏻 now just the final section of getting rid of Kaiiii 🙌🏻🙌🏻
Thanks everyone for reading 🥰 hope you like the double update today :))