Chapter 31

The others were currently in the back room and I was sitting down on the sofa with my head tightly in my hands.
My mind was contemplating the millions of terrible things that could possibly go wrong.

A cold touch hit my right shoulder and I suddenly tensed up.

"Woah, calm down it's just me."

Jisung moved around the sofa and he pushed me gently up moving to put his head in my lap.

Looking down at his cute little cheeks and smile made the corners of my mouth raise a little. Why was he being so cute at this time.

My hand moved to his head and I slowly started to stroke the softness of his brown hair.
Turning my other hand around I looked at my watch.
It was coming up for 12am.

"You are going to have to leave soon aren't you." My voice was down but he grabbed the hand that was stroking his hair.

His touch sent tingling through my veins and I let him stroke it softly.
"Don't worry. I won't let Kai win. That's a promise."

"If you say so... what about Namjoon though.. what if he is. You know.. gone?"

"That isn't your fault if that happens. So don't worry about it."

Everyone was telling me not to worry about things it was annoying me. I wanted to just tell him I was the one who shot him. But maybe it would be for the best if I didn't.

"He's Breathing!" A cry was heard from Lee know at the doorway and Jisung's head quickly moved off my lap sitting up.
"He's not dead?!!" My heart felt as if a weight had been released off my chest.

My excited body rushed up moving towards the back room.
Namjoon was laying there peacefully and I saw his chest moving up and down slowly. As my eyes explored more of the room I saw the small utensils on a plate with a medium sized bullet sitting there. That must have hurt him a lot.
I still felt bad.

"How long before he wakes up?" I asked the men in the room.

"Who knows. It could be within the next 4 hours or it could be within the next 2 weeks. It's just a good job we have the right equipment here to deal with it or else we would have been a bit stuck."

"Oh... I see."

They had obviously came up with some sort of plan for later.
I didn't mind not knowing it because it made me feel a little less worried.
Thinking back to Jisung's conversation, I trusted that we would be okay.

They turned the lights off in the room and they gave Vernon an annoyed look.

Joshua, hoshi and S.coups didn't know Namjoon though so they just stuck with Vernon.

Again, I felt bad. This wasn't even Vernon's doing. He should be the one being thanked.

I moved towards my brother wrapping my small arms around him.
"Thank you." I whispered. "And I'm sorry... you didn't have to do that for me."

His hand rested on my back and I heard him let out a breathy smile.

"It's okay. I can't let anything else happen to you. So I am going to protect you in any way I can."

My arms hugged tighter and his arm moved up and down my back.

I quickly let go and looked up at him.
"Do you know what's going to happen later?"

He shook his head.
"No, but ask Hyunjin, he will know."

I didn't really want to find out, I was just curious to know if Vernon knew anything about it.

I stepped into the other room and I sat in the middle and everyones eyes were on me.

"All I want to know is what my role is on the plan tonight."

"Well- it's actually still a work in progress."

"You still haven't come up with anything? 2am is in less than 90minutes now."

They sighed.
"We are trying to think of the safest way through this without any harm to your child Y/n."

"I know... I'm just scared thats all."

"Now Namjoon's down, Kai will not go easy on us." Minho stated. "Kai was very close with Namjoon. As soon as he hears news: which he probably already has: hell itself will go down."

"What about trying to distract him?" I suggested.

"What are you inferring?" Hyunjin asked me.

"Maybe using me as bait?"

"No Y/n. I am leaving you with seungmin and Jeongin and there is no question of that. You are not getting anywhere near him again."

He was trying to protect me.. it was sweet of him. But I didn't want to watch Jisung get hurt.

I suddenly heard a loud gunshot from outside and we all suddenly went silent.

"Who would be shooting guns at this hour?"

Hyunjin and Changbin and a few others slowly raised their body and headed slowly to the door, and they indicated to all of us to be quiet. My heart was actually thumping.

We watched the door slowly open and hyunjin poked his head outside and soon moved fully out in the open.

I opened the window and all I could see was pitch darkness.

Then suddenly there was a loud cry of pain.

About 5 of us rushed towards the door and Changbin just shouted one thing.

"One just shot Hyunjin, Go get your weapons immediately, They decided to meet us early."

Ahhh - to my readers that see this earlier than others, if u have any things you want to add to this book before it ends, please let me know now as u may not have another chance to tell me 😚😌✨