Chapter 28

There was a soft knock on the door and I slowly lifted my head and slipped out of the three-way hug.
"Did it go to plan?" I heard Jisungs voice whisper to me and I sighed.
"They can hear you, but yeah I think it did."

When my body turned to look at Minho he was just already looking at me and he seemed to have this genuine smile on his face.
"I'm sorry for how I behaved. I must have hurt you both so much.. why didn't you tell me back then that I was your brother."

It was as if he was desperate and was feeling very guilty for all the bad things he had done.

"It wasn't the right time back then, besides I think it has turned out much better." Vernon told him and he also got out of the hug stretching back on the bed.

"Do you have the keys?" I asked him.

Vernon's eyes looked up at me from his position on the bed. "Keys?"

Holding my head for a second I held up Minho's hand that was still attached to the bed post.

"Ohh them keys."

His hand fiddled in his jean pockets and he tried each one until he smiled with victory.

"Here you go."

Suddenly he threw them at me and thankfully I was with it because I managed to catch them and not get hit in the face.
"You could have just passed them to me."
He sniggered and I placed them carefully into the keyhole and twisted it letting Minho free.

I hoped this was the right thing.

"Minho... I don't know if you will or not... but.. can you help us?"

As a result his mouth raised just a little and he went to say something but no words seemed to come out.

"I know you feel guilty for what you've done, but you can make it up to us." I continued now approaching him holding one of his hands again.

"Help you stop Kai?" He finally questioned.

Correspondingly, I steadily moved my head up and down while watching his facial expressions.

"Okay.. yeah. I will help you. If it means Vernon and you can be happy."

Wetness started forming under my one eye and with a smug smile on my face I rushed up to him giving him one last hug.
"Thank you."

"What do you know about Kai then, and how did you know where Y/n was today?"

My body let go of Minho and I went to stand by Jisung placing his hand in mine.

"Well.. it's the tattoo Y/n has on her back." He started off which made me immediately freeze.

"So the tattoo is like some tracking thing?" I quickly cut in asking.

Minho nodded and I gulped.
"Kai is clever." I muttered a little disgusted.

Jisung moved his hand from mine and he rubbed my back over my tattoo.
"Y/n we need to get it removed."

"But-"

I was cut off.
"Surely there is another way, I removed a tattoo before and its more painful than getting it." Vernon cried a little grabbing Jisung's hand.

"So your suggesting we risk leaving it on?" Jisung angrily asked him.

"Maybe.. maybe we could use it in some way. If we remove it: Kai will know."

Jisung had no response to that and he just looked at Minho.
"Minho, how does this tracker even work?"

"It's something he put into the ink.. if it gets removed it would be untraceable.. but, as Vernon mentioned, Kai would know about it."

Jisung cursed under his breath and placed his hand on his forehead.
"What were your orders when coming here?" I asked Minho now changing the subject a little.

"Kai's plan was to get rid of all of you first, thats why he let you escape; so he could come back only for you. Y/n... he wants your child."

"My-"

"What would he want with our child?" Jisung cut in this time.
Could they just let me speak.

"Sorry, I'm not sure. I only get told the orders. I know that Hongjoong is in danger right now though.."

I thought back to when he comforted me. He doesn't deserve anything bad, he did help us after all.
"What kind of danger?" I asked

"Well, isn't it obvious? He helped you escape and he isn't just anybody. He is Kai's brother."

"Is Hongjoong okay at the moment?"

I watched him shrug and I gulped. Hopefully he was still with the others.
There was a sudden noise filling our ears.
Our heads shot towards Jisung as he pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"Hello?" He asked into it as he pressed the accept button on the call.

We watched him quickly take the phone off his ears and he pressed the speaker button.

"Meet me outside the seoul airport at 2am tonight; alone if you want your child to survive."

The voice was Kai's and all my bones were frozen.
He didn't know we had minho on our side though now.

"Oh, and hello Y/n, Vernon and Minho. Don't think I'm dumb. I know everything now. Didn't expect this Minho, but I guess it couldn't be helped." He quickly hung up the phone and my head shot around the room in confusion.

"Jisung there must be a camera somewhere. There has to be." I was on the verge of tears and I saw Minho starring fear in front of him.

"Minho, don't worry. We will protect you." Vernon told him putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Jisung, we need to get to the others again, this isn't something we can figure out with just the four of us."

"I agree, its not safe here. In fact, Kai might have bugs everywhere listening and watching us."

Ugh don't you just hate school. They decided to give me massive projects to do just when I wanted to complete this book so I am so so so sorry for the long delay. 😔 There will be only about 3 chapters left of this book, maybe 4. I don't want it to drag on too long though but thank you everyone for understanding 😌😌😌