Chapter 1: Let's Talk

~Steven's POV~
Tick Tok, Tick Tok
Was all that could be heard from the quiet room. My hand rested on my cheek as my thigh went up and down as my foot tapped on the white patterned floor.

Therapy was where I was at. My therapist told me that she was getting something that could help me. I didn't believe it would though, I've been coming to therapy for about a month now and my PTSD and depression wasn't any better. Finally she walked in with a brown notebook in her hand. It was huge!

"Okay Steven, I have an Idea" She said taking a seat and writing in the notebook. "This is your diary" She told me. I gave her a confused look, "A diary?" I asked her. "Trust me. Everyday I want you to jot down things in your day, I want you to write down every last detail! That way I can know what's going on in your life" She said handing me the book. I saw she wrote my name on the first page, "Everything?" I asked her, "Well I mean, you get my point" She said laughing, I laughed with her. "Our session is over, Remember you have an appointment next week on Monday have a good day at school and tell Pearl I said hi" Mrs, Anderson said. "I will!" I said grabbing my bag and heading out the room.

I waved to other people and smiled even if it hurt me. I put on my blue jacket and put on my hat as it was cold outside. I saw Amethyst inside my car as I walked outside, "Oh hey Amethyst! Why are you in my car?" I asked her hopping in. "Pearl gave me the keys so I could pick you, Lapis, Peridot, and Connie to go to school!" She screamed. "Yeah and you almost killed us!" Peridot screamed pushing up her glasses. "Oh whatever!" She screamed as I switched seats with her. "Hey Steven" Connie said giving me a kiss on the cheek, My face heated up. "Hey Connie~"I said laughing. Me and Connie had been dating for about five weeks, And I was still an idiot around her when she kissed me. The drive ride to school was okay, We played music and Amethyst talked to everyone in the car "Oh yeah! Halloween party at my house!" She yelled.

"Halloween?" Peridot asked. "Peridot we should go as a costume couple!" Lapis whispered to Peridot. I was going to ask Connie the same thing but I decided to ask her later, "Who's all coming?" I asked arriving at school. "EVERYONE!" Amethyst said texting the whole school the invite. My phone went off and I laughed at my friends hyping each other up. "Oh look who it is!" Amethyst whispered to me. It was Spinel. "That one crazy bitch who said she hated you for ruining her life!" Amethyst laughed. I didn't though, She insulted me a lot that day and for once in my life it made me confused and angry. I rolled my eyes at The girl. She had brown hair in two pony tails, and was wearing a black sweatshirt with a upside down heart on it, and Jean shorts. "Whatever she really hates me for some reason" I told the gang as I put my arm around Connie's shoulders, "Eh it doesn't matter though she will be at the party" Amethyst said. I rolled my eyes again. The party was on Halloween and it was approximately October 27th so I had some time to maybe become friends with her... or practice how to ignore her. "Maybe I'll try and become friends with her!" I told them. They all laughed "No one wants to voluntarily be her friend Steven, She only has like three friends" Lapis said chuckling. "I could still try" I said walking to my locker.

~Spinel's POV~
I put out my cigarette and was walking to my class as I saw Janice (Blue Pearl) and Mia (Yellow Pearl) walk up to me. "Have you seen this invite!" Janice said, I laughed "Yeah I already said I'm going" I answered. Volley joined us later on and talked about she was going to be a Broken Ballerina at the party, Janice said she was going to be a fairy, And Mia said she was going to be a cheerleader but a dead one. "What about you Spinel?" Janice asked me. "Haven't come up with one yet" I said taking my stuff out my locker. "Oh come on! Listen before the party you better tell us what your going to be" Janice told me. "Yeah sure" I laughed. As I stepped into the class I saw that there was only one seat... it was next to him "Spinel please sit down" The teacher announced. I scoffed and sat down with my arms crossed.

~Steven's POV~
I looked at the girl next to me. I guess I looked longer then I should have because she snapped her fingers in front of my face. I felt my cheeks heat up form embarrassment as she rolled her eyes. I looked at the "diary" and grabbed a pen.
Dear, Diary
I laughed which made everyone turn around and look at me. I apologized and looked back at the book. I honestly didn't know what to write, I noticed that Spinel was looking at me the whole time, "What?" I asked her. She looked back at her notes and scoffed as she put her lollipop back into her mouth. "Ya know, we don't have to be enemies" I told the brown haired girl. She just ignored me. But then she turned to me "Yes we do" She told me and she packed up her stuff and left as the bell rang.

********************************************
Dear, Diary
I don't know what quite to tell you. Let's start off from the beginning. Me and Spinel aren't on good measures and I still don't know why! She always says we're Enemies but I don't want to be her enemy I want to be her friend. So I plan to be her friend or close to one before the Halloween party Amethyst is throwing! I am determined! Anyway uh Steven out! Nah that's dumb. Bye!