Chapter 9: Thanksgiving

~Steven's POV~
I ran downstairs watching as Pearl fixed the house. Placemats were placed on the brown wooden table, "Good morning Steven, Have you decided which friends you want to join us for Thanksgiving?" Pearl asked dusting the pictures as she changed the music, "I have decided to stick with Amethyst, Lapis, Peridot, and uh Spinel" I said scratching my head. "You mean the girl who once blew out your own candles at your 5th birthday party?" Garnet asked coming out of her room and putting fake orange leaves around the walls with tape, "Um yeah that Spinel" I said laughing as I grabbed the box filled with ornaments for the tree "You mean the girl who tripped you and you busted your lip open and she just laughed about it?" Pearl said running to the oven as it went off.

Spinel was the Handful and we never got along until now but of course I knew that she still had some suspicions on me and I on her but I wanted to change! "She's changed a lot since then" I said plugging in the outlet making the tree bright and clear, I saw Pearl look at Garnet and shrug "If you say so Steven but the first time she does any thing to you I swear I am going to-" "I-It's fine Pearl we should be good" I said stopping her from saying anything else.

After hours of preparation the tree started to dim, "Steven can you head to the store and get some new lights?" Garnet asked handing me some money "Of course I'll be back with my friends too!" I screamed as I got into my car and drove off. As I got out my car I walked into the store, Christmas music played and I hummed along as I went down the aisles. Soon I went into the magazine aisle and saw none other then Spinel. "Hey Spinel!" I said waving, She looked at me and her eyes widened as she ran towards me. "What's up?" I asked, "Getting magazines? Hey ya wanna help me?" She asked. I was confused until she grabbed a magazine and started putting it up her shirt, I decided to take note of her outfit which was just a black oversized shirt while she wore a black and white stripped long sleeve with black jeans with some black and white checkered vans. "What are you doing?!" I whispered, "Shh! I'm taking it" She said, I couldn't help but laugh as she started to laugh as well people started to look at us "Hey, Would you take the magazine out of your shirt please!" A employe said, We laughed as we put the magazine down and ran "I don't get paid enough for this" They said as we ran around the store.

~No Ones POV~
Spinel ran to the sweets Aisle and the two talked about which candies were the best when they were younger. "Definitely Starburst and Skittles" The two finally agreed on two and ran to the next aisle. "Look they're already selling New Years things!" Spinel said putting on glasses that said "HAPPY NEW YEARS" on them. Steven laughed as he put on some as well that stated the new year that they were entering.

Finally after singing to Christmas songs and playing around with New Years things Steven grabbed the Christmas lights and payed for them as they exited the store. "So I have to be good? Every time I go to your house I'm anything but good" Spinel said as the pink haired girl jumped into the car as Steven started it. "It's just Thanksgiving dinner and usually Me Amethyst, Lapis, And Peridot just hang in my room and play games until dinner is ready to eat, And you can come to Christmas and New Years!" Steven said smiling, "Sure! My mom will be out of town and Yellow won't care where I go" Spinel said opening the bag of Starburst's and handing Steven some, "Perfect! We're picking them up now!" Steven said making his way to Amethyst's house.

~Spinel's POV~
As we all arrived to Steven's house Amethyst joked around and Lapis and Peridot flirted as I just enjoyed the moment. We walked into the house firstly being greeted with the smell of Turkey, Fresh gravy, and Mac and cheese. We all smiled already feeling welcomed with the beautiful smell of thanksgiving dinner. "Hey Pearl, Here's Everyone" He said handing the women named Pearl the Christmas Lights, She waved at us and handed them to another Women who looked a little close to our age but older, "This is Garnet my cousin" Steven said, "She's joining us for the holidays" He replied, "Dinner will be ready soon and we'll be ready to eat" Pearl said pouring herself some wine as Christmas music played over the speakers.

We all went out and went up the stairs, I took in the house and it was Huge! We walked up to what I'm guessing is Steven's room and walked up another pair of stairs opening the door. The room looked cleaner then what I expected and it smelt like Roses and wood. Amethyst ran and jumped onto the boys bed as Lapis and Peridot sat in two bean bags, Steven sat on the floor at the edge of his bed and I sat on the nice comfy edge of the bed. his head were on my knees as I sat criss cross. I played with my hair as everyone talked as Steven turned on the tv, "Anyone want to play?" He said, Amethyst grabbed a controller and I grabbed another one as He started choosing his character.

We played for about two hours before Pearl finally announced that dinner was ready. We ran downstairs, "I hope you made a lot because I come here to EAT!" Amethyst yelled earning a chuckle from Pearl as she set some drinks on the table. I sat next to Steven as we began eating the food. Laughs and jokes were passed around as I kept looking at Steven, "Universe you better have some cheesy Mac and Cheese~" I said grabbing the bowl that had the cheesy food in it, "Trust me, Our Mac and Cheese is the best~" He said laughing a bit and joining in on the conversation.

Once Dinner was done Pearl walked us all out, "Well will you all be joining us for Christmas?" Pearl asked us, "HECK YEAH!" Amethyst jumped around as Garnet chuckled and we all joined in. As we walked to Steven's car I asked "What's the big deal with Christmas?" I asked Steven, "The hot chocolate is the big deal~" He said helping me into the car winking, I blushed at his flirting and sat down in the passenger seat. Once I left I got into my house and bit my lip, I may be falling hard for This guy and I knew it.

~Steven's POV~
As I got into the Car Everyone smiled, "What?" I asked, "You totally like her~" Amethyst said, "What! No way" I blushed and covered my face. "Steven you've been through so much, And your always Depressed but put a smile on so no one knows but when your with Spinel that smile is genuine! Just get with her already!" Peridot said smacking me upside the head. "Ow" I groaned as Everyone told me to confess. "Fine! But not now" "When?" Amethyst asked, "Oh my gosh! Do it on Christmas! Buy her a present and confess to her!" Lapis yelled slapping my arm, "That's not a bad idea!" I said smiling like an Idiot. Everyone started talking about the plan and as I started driving I looked at the pink Starburst that she bought me, It's now or never I thought.

********************************************
Dear Diary,
I'm finally Confessing to Spinel on Christmas, Lapis and Peridot have been bugging me to be romantic and Amethyst has been making fake kissing noises every time I talk about Spinel. But if I'm being honest I am totally freaking out on confessing so wish me luck.
~Steven Universe