Chapter 11: Nerve racking

~No Ones POV~
Steven laid on his bed. The snow was coming down pretty hard and he couldn't see his friends. He took this time to think over how he was going to ask out Spinel.

"Maybe we could go on a date to a restaurant" He thought. Anxiety instantly kicked in, Too cliché! Did you even try? "Okay, Maybe roller skating?" (Haha crossover) You'll barely get to talk! She'll hate you for that "How about we go down town? Get ice cream, Watch a movie, Get pizza?" Steven didn't hear a no so he took it as a yes. Steven smiled and felt warm as he put on his hoodie. "Steven are you in there?" Pearl asked knocking at the door.

Steven looked at the door, "Uh H-Hold on!" He said realizing he was thinking of Spinel a little too much due to what was up. He ran and put a bunch of blankets over himself to cover what was happening and curled up. "Come in" He said, Pearl stepped in with a smile, "I brought you some hot chocolate due to this cold weather" She said smiling, "Thank you" He said sitting up still hiding what was underneath.

"I've seen you smiling all over the place~" Pearl said sipping on her own Hot chocolate, He started to blush and looked down. "Steven It's fine, Whoever it is I'm happy that you're happy" She said putting a hand on my shoulder. He looked up at her and smiled "Who is it?" She asked, the boy choked on my warm drink, "N-NO ONE!" He stuttered, "Yeah sure~" She said laughing. She walked out of my room and He just sighed taking the blankets off my legs revealing my boner, "I probably should stop thinking about Spinel" Steven said chuckling. But the boy couldn't. He felt a buzz coming from his phone as he picked it up

Amethyst: So have you officially thought of what you're going to do?
Steven: I've decided that I'm going to confess, wait for her response and if she says yes I'm going to ask her out
Amethyst: HA! Good luck man! Just remember! You got this and whatever she says, You're amazing
He smiled at my phone feeling a little better "I can't wait for tomorrow"

~Steven's POV~
(Time skip: Christmas Eve the morning)
"I COULD'VE WAITED" I yelled running around, "Steven! You'll do great!" Garnet said, I stopped running around and took a deep breath as I fixed my Christmas sweater. "Do we have to wear these?" I asked scratching my arm, "Yes, Pearl worked very hard on these and Steven stop" Garnet said pointing to my hand. I stopped sighing, Garnet took note of this and stopped reading her magazine. "Listen Steven, you're going to do great! I swear!" She said, "I-I'm just afraid!" I said flopping on my bed, "Whatever she says I'll be here! I promise" Garnet said putting a hand on my shoulder.

I gave her a smile then ran to the door. I put on my jacket and got into my car. Once I was done picking up everybody, everyone was chattering as I looked nervous as hell. Amethyst took note of this also and turned up the music. "So, your that scared?" Amethyst asked as everyone else ran inside with sleeping bags and pillows, "Haven't been this scared since I came out to Garnet and asked out Connie" I explained burying my head into Amethysts shoulder, "Hey, It'll be fine man!" She said, Peridot came over and put a hand onto my open shoulder. "I'm sure she'll say yes! Uh but if she says No I'll be on the couch watching camp pinning hearts" "WE ARE NOT WATCHING THAT TRASH!" Me and Amethyst yelled, "OH YES WE ARE! THEY CAME OUT WITH A CHRISTMAS EPISODE!" Lapis shouted and I saw Spinel laughing as they made a snow man.

I smiled too just seeing her happy. "You'll do fine! Tell me what your plans are if she says yes!" "I'm taking her to the movie theaters! Like that one place where there's Ice cream, And Restaurants" I explained, "Perfect! Go tomorrow before the New Years Party!" Peridot said. It was perfect! Today was December 24th meaning I could take her tomorrow just days away from New Years! And maybe I could kiss her but Let's plan it right now.

~Lapis's POV
"So~ Got any crushes?" I asked, The girl blushed a little forming a snowball, "A-Actually yeah" she said, "Ooo~ Who is it? Girl or boy?" I asked putting some sticks onto the snowman's sides, "Hehe, Uh boy" she replied, I smiled a little having a little hope for Steven, "Uh who is it?" I asked. "Uh... I'm not going to say" "Oh come on! Give me a hint!" I yelled, "Alright fine! A hint! They're in the drive way" She said, I gave a big grin, which caused the girl to put hands into her face, "Okay! Is it... Peridot?" I teased.

"WHAT? NO! I SAID A BOY! WAIT NO!" She yelled, "Hehe... is it... Amethyst?" I teased, I already knew exactly who it was but I loved to tease people, "NOOO! STOP!" She yelled which caused Amethyst and Steven to look up at us. "Is it... Steven?" When I said that Spinel was red as a tomato, "YOU LIKE HIM?!" "STOP! It doesn't matter though, He doesn't like me back anyways" She said which caused me to laugh, "Why are you laughing?" She asked frowning. "Honey, That boy is Crazy about you, He's going to confess today"

~Spinel's POV~
"WHAT?" I yelled, "Yeah, Tonight he is going to confess. He's really scared" Lapis laughed. I blushed And looked at the boy. My whole body felt like heat and warmth when he smiled and did a quick wave before continuing to talk to Amethyst. "I-I really like him, I-I'm gonna say yes" I admitted, "YESSS!" Lapis shouted causing now everyone to look at us, soon Peridot walked up to us, "What's all this noise?" "Spinel likes Steven!" Lapis whispered, "OH MY STARS!" Peridot yelled, "WOULD YOU GUYS STOP SHOUTING!" I yelled burying my face into my gloves as Steven walked over, "Uh what's this all about?" He asked, "NOTHING!" The three of us yelled in different tones.

"Okay?" Steven said. I gave him a scared awkward Smile and watched him walk into the house. "WHY DON'T WE ALL CAN IT?" "What's going on?" Amethyst asked, "Spinel likes Steven!" Peridot said bouncing up and down with Lapis, "NO WAY! AW DUDE! I'M SO HAPPY!" Amethyst yelled hugging me, "Just don't tell him! I wanna wait until he confesses! To make him happy" I explained, they all agreed and gave me goofy smiles.

As time went by we finally reached movie time. I was starting to panic since Steven still isn't confessing, "Are you sure he's confessing?" I asked Amethyst bitting my nails, "I'm sure! I don't know when though" She said, I sat down bitting my nails which chipped my black nail polish a bit. Soon everyone agreed to open presents. "Oh hey uh, Spinel can I t-talk to you real quick?" Steven asked. I saw Amethyts showing a thumbs up and Lapis laughing as Garnet smiled. I felt my heart beating so fast I thought it would pop out my chest. I nodded walking outside grabbing my jacket.

~Steven's POV~
It's now or never I told myself. "I uh bought you a gift" I said. The girl smiled and opened it up containing a heart necklace "It's beautiful~" She said smiling, "S-Spinel, I need to tell you something" I started off. The girl looked up at me with sparkles in her eyes which made me blush. "I'm just gonna come out and say it, I like you" I said. "A-And it's fine if you don't agree with those feelings-"

Immediately I felt a pair of lips crash onto mine. I closed my eyes taking in the moment, soon we parted and I looked at Spinel who was blushing, "Steven, I like you too~" She said, "I always have" She said putting a hand on my cheek. I smiled like an idiot "T-That's c-cool!" I said stuttering with my words. "Uh hey, Do you wanna go out Tomorrow? Y-Ya know? At that mall?" "Perfect, It's a date~" She said. We walked back inside to see Amethyst, Lapis, and Peridot smiling. "Uh, She May or May not have said yes-" Instantly The three ran towards us yelling and hugging us tightly, "GEE HE DIDN'T EVEN SAY IF I SAID YES OR NO!" Spinel yelled. I laughed and held her hand as we walked towards the couch to go watch a movie.

********************************************
Dear Diary,
IT WEN'T PERFECT! Oh yeah sorry, Spinel said yes to my confession! Okay but now I'm scared, we're on going on our first date tomorrow so uh wish me luck!
~Steven Universe