Chapter 5: Drunk words are Sober thoughts

~Steven's POV~
It was the day of the party. I was so excited! As I heard the last bell ring I ran to my locker grabbing my things, "Hey Steven" Connie said. I frowned remembering my panic attack from yesterday. I pushed down the feelings quick "Hey Connie~" I said trying to sound happy, "Hey can you drop me home from the party?" She asked, "Of course I'll see you there!" I yelled getting out of there as quickly as possible. I got into my car happy that I didn't have to walk home anymore.

"Oh hey Spinel!" I yelled. The brown haired girl was riding her bike down the sidewalk, She got off and walked to the car peeping her head into the car window as I rolled it down. "Hey remember! Go all out for this costume okay?" Spinel said. I laughed "I've already gone all out~" I mocked and rolled up the window.

"STEVEN COME ON!" Amethyst whisper yelled at me. I tip toed down the stairs grabbing my phone, "Nice costume ya clown!" Amethyst laughed at me but I covered her mouth, "Let's hurry and get to your house before the party begins okay?" I told her. The party would start in an hour and Amethyst was still checking on me every so often to make sure I didn't have any thing to hurt me. "Alright, Alright let's Go!" She said running to my car.

++++++++++++++++
People officially started to show up and the house was already packed. I saw Connie walk in but I also saw Kevin, "Hey Connie~" I said happily kissing her on the cheek. She smiled and went to go get a drink with Kevin, I'm sure everything's fine. Sooner or later Lapis and Peridot came in. "Holy shit!" Amethyst screamed though her voice was kind of muffled from the music.

"We decided to go as witches!" Peridot proudly said. Lapis laughed "I'm a water witch!" She grinned. "I don't really know what I am I just have telekinetic powers!" The two girls laughed and ran to the table to get some drinks. "What are you Amethyst?" I asked, "A vampire~" Amethyst said running towards the big crowd dancing.

Soon I saw Spinel come in. It looked like she dyed her hair pink, She had a black shirt on tucked into a pink skirt and puffy whit and pink short sleeves, and she wore bouncy pink shoes. "Well look who came~" I said running over to her. She laughed at me while I handed her a drink. I was just wearing a black shirt, with my pink jacket which I tore to look old and abandoned, and my hair was dyed pink as well (temporarily) and I wore Green clown shoes. "You look ridiculous" Spinel laughed. I smiled and laughed with her "ya ain't no peach your self~" I replied taking a sip of my drink as the pink haired girl laughed at my words.

The party was going on good, Soon me and Spinel were dancing, I was still sober due to the fact I have to dance but she definitely was in another universe by now. "Karaoke!" I heard someone scream, I grabbed Spinel's hand and ran to the big tv and handed her a microphone. "Noooo" she said laughing. I laughed and picked a song.
Someday,
Somewhere,
Somehow,
(You'll love again
I'll love again)
(You just need to find
I just need to find)
(Someone~
One)
(Someone)
(Who treats you
Who treats me)
Better~
(Someone who wants me
Someone who wants you around)
As we continued to sing I felt Spinel's eyes switch on me then to the crowd. Once we were done we jokingly bowed as the group started to clap, I heard Amethyst screaming and saw Lapis form a heart with her fingers so I immediately grabbed Spinel and walked off as I heard the other groups sing.

"C-Come on~" Spinel screamed leading me outside to a pool. "Stop! Your drunk" I laughed. "Eh it doesn't matter~" She said putting her feet into the pool. "Spinel" "come on" she taunted until she dropped into the pool, "Shit you better not get my car wet!" I said jumping in and grabbing her, she was laughing as I walked her to a chair, "I think I've had my fun for today" I said, "Nooo!! I'm not done yet!" Spinel screamed, I chuckled and ran to get her some water. Once I came back the girl was gone. "Oh shit"
(Trigger warning just in case: Panic Attack)
I ran around the party panicking, Asking people if they'd seen her. I ran upstairs trying to open doors but only one budged. "I'm so sorry but have you seen-" I stopped dropping the water on the ground. It was Connie making out with Kevin. I stood there feeling as if all the oxygen left my body. "S-Steven it's not what it looks like" She said un straddling the guy and running towards me. I closed the door and ran to the bathroom locking it as I heard her screaming my name. I started to cry, I felt my heart beat so fast as I felt a panic attack coming on. I told you she didn't love you SHUT UP! My thoughts overwhelmed me as Connie's pleads and the music was muffled. I took in three deep breaths and decided to walk out. "Steven I'm so sorry I think I'm drunk!" She lied. I turned around, her face officially was crossed out meaning she was dead to me as well. "I thought everything was going good Connie?" My voice was shaking, "I-It was but" "but what?" I asked. "You never hugged me like he does, You never kissed me, You never slept with me-" "Did you have sex with him?" I asked. She didn't answer "Answer the damn question" I said anger filling in now, "Y-Yes but it was only one time" Connie pleaded. Anger went to sadness as I wiped my tears, "Find someone else to drive you home" I snapped but my voice still shaky. "Fine, I'll go with Kevin since he asked before!" She yelled from behind me. I gestured the middle finger and ran to Amethyst.

"Have you seen Spinel? I'm ready to go" I yelled feeling my breath getting faster. "Uh yeah she ran outside laughing like an idiot on the street" Amethyst laughed. I ran out the door slamming it behind me.
(Done)
As I walked on the road I checked the time, 4:00 exactly. As I breathed out the cold air came out since it was freezing. I walked shaking as I felt tears roll down my face. I kept telling myself it was going to be okay until I finally saw Spinel sitting on the curb, "Come on we're going to my car and I'm taking you home!" I said walking up to her. "Oh come on~ I don't want to I just wanna kiss ya~" She said running up to me, "I-I" I stuttered on my own words. I felt her cold hands touch my face as she pressed her lips against mine.

I felt my breathing slow and I felt myself calm down. I felt her slip in her tongue alcohol and strawberry was what she tasted like. I pulled her off of me as she looked at me laughing and spinning around. "I-I like ya~" the girl giggled as she ran to my car. I walked towards it as I sat in the front seat. "Why would you kiss me?" I asked. "I don't care about that Connie bitch once I walked in on her kissing that jerks neck" Spinel said pulling out a cigarette, "You saw that as well?" I asked her. She shook her head yes as I started the car. "Don't smoke in my car" I said taking away her cigarette and putting it back in the box. "Pearl would kill me" I said pulling out and driving to her house. As we drove I felt a hand go on my wrist which slightly hurt, "Don't take me home" She said. I frowned "why?" I asked her, she let go and looked out the window. "Because it's just my mom and her sister taking care of me... my dad left us a couple years back, But I don't always feel happy and safe there" She explained. "Just for one night please" She begged. I sighed and made a turn and drove to my house.

Once we arrived I grabbed some blankets and an extra pillow. I heard her throwing up and ran to the bathroom to hold her hair back. Once she was done I gave her some water and a tooth brush. "Here you go" I told her smiling. She blushed and looked away. As I gave her some extra clothes she took off her shirt "Woah could've warned a guy" I said turning away, "Eh I don't fucking care" She laughed putting on my shirt and keeping on her shorts underneath her skirt.

As I got into my bed I stared at the ceiling. "Steven even if I'm here I still can't sleep" She told me. I heard ringing but her voice was the only thing I heard, I sat up putting my arms underneath the comforter, "What do you wanna do?" I asked her. She got up and moved over to my bed laying down beside me, we were both on top of the covers and all I know was that I was a blushing mess. "I want to tell you uh you kissed me on the street" I confessed. "Shit" She laughed. She turned over to me her arm under her head. I turned so we were face to face. "I'm so sorry I kissed you I didn't mean to, I do crazy shit when I'm drunk" Spinel confesses, "but you do look cute with pink hair" I told her. She laughed and I joined in, We looked into each other's eyes for a little. "We should probably get to sleep I mean we do have school tomorrow but we could hang out?" She told me. "Nah, Every time I go to sleep I have a nightmare, I wanna talk" I told her. She smiled.

~Spinel's POV~
I realized that I was smiling like an Idiot. I mean I couldn't be falling for this guy... could I? Oh shit maybe I am. Even though I wasn't drunk I want to kiss him again. We talked pretty much all night until I saw that the sun was coming up. "Shit did we stay up all night?" I asked. Steven smiled "I guess we did" he said, "oh uh, Amethyst is asking if we are coming to school today and she said we sounded beautiful last night" He said checking his phone. What was he talking about "Oh I forgot, We did karaoke last night" He explained. I blushed and laughed at the thought of me singing. "Is your hair permanent like mine?" I asked him, "No, Once I wash it, all the pink will be gone" I explained. "Come on! Let's get ready for the day!" He said grabbing my arm, "where are we going?" I asked. "Your house? We can get some clothes and I'll drive you to school" He said. I gave him a frown "Look it's okay I promise" He told me. I put a hand on his wrist but felt him flinch "What's wrong?" I asked looking down at his wrists that were covered by his jacket. "N-Nothing here! Use my cousins jacket" He handed me it and we were off to my house

********************************************
Dear Diary,
The party was good until I saw my girlfriend sucking her "best friends" neck. I got kissed by Spinel which was crazy to think about, If I'm being honest I kind of want her to do it again but other then that happy news thank's to Connie I had another Panic attack and now her face is crossed out officially Dead to Me.
~Steven Universe