Chapter 16: Never Again

~ꪀꪮ ꪮꪀꫀ'𝘴 ρꪮꪜ~
Steven gripped onto his heart feeling as if it was going to explode out of his chest. "How are you doing Steven?" Rose asked.

Spinel ran to Steven and shook the boy, "S-Steven?" She yelled, "H-He isn't breathing" Amethyst said, "Call 911!" Lapis shouted, Spinel ran to her phone and dialed 911, "W-Was it his panic attack?" Peridot asked, "I-I don't know!" Lapis screamed feeling tears falling down her cheek.

Soon An ambulance came and Pearl ran to Steven, "W-What happened?" She said, "WHAT HAPPENED?" She yelled again. Everyone came out the school whispering among themselves as they pulled Steven into the truck.

"WAIT! I'M RIGHT HERE! WHY CAN'T YOU SEE ME!" Steven shouted, "Steven you've died" Rose said, Steven's face whitened at the thought. Soon the ambulances were gone and everyone was going home. Steven wiped his eyes and turned to his mom, "Come here Steven" She said opening her arms, "WHY DID YOU LEAVE US?!" He yelled, "What?" "SO MANY PEOPLE HATE ME BECAUSE YOU DECIDED TO HAVE ME! WHY? WHY DID YOU HAVE ME?" He yelled, "Sweetie-" "NO DON'T SWEETIE ME!" He yelled.

Spinel couldn't keep her anxiety in. She sat in the ambulance as she held Steven's hand, "Just hold out for a little Steven" She said sniffling.

"EVERYONE HATES ME BECAUSE OF YOU!" "Honey... Listen... I'm sorry" She said. Steven stopped and listened, "I love you Steven, I've missed you so much! I wanted you to see this wonderful world" She said smiling, "I know it's not all sunshine and rainbows but you make this world brighter! You even make your girlfriend happier" Rose shouted.

Spinel stood still as they rushed the boy into the building and put him under a breathing machine. She put her head on Amethysts shoulder as they tried to bring the poor boy back. Spinel looked around her, Pearl was crying as Garnet hugged her, and Lapis and Peridot looked anxious as they sat down.

"Steven let me finish, I love you so much" She said, Steven looked down. "What about Spinel?" "I had to tell her that, I feel horrible. I just wanted what's best for her. Everyone made fun of her I wanted to help her-" "BY MAKING HER DEPRESSED AND CHANGING EVERYTHING ABOUT HERSELF!" Steven yelled walking closer before falling, "Steven! Please come with me! You'll feel better" Rose said holding out her arms, "P-Please Just Tell m-me! Why d-do you hate me? US?" He asked crying as he felt himself fading, "I don't hate you Steven" Rose said.

Spinel stood there scared due to the fact that Steven wasn't coming to. Soon one of the doctors came out, Everyone stood up... She shook her head no and She felt as if her world came crashing down.

"I love you Steven" Rose said putting her hands on Steven's head "You're my son" She said. Steven felt tears go down his face, "W-What happens if I hug you?" He asked, "You'll go with me, But if you aren't ready... let your self fade, You'll go back to them" She explained. Steven looked down trying to decide. He just wanted the pain to be over, and not the one he's feeling now, He didn't want to be depressed or have panic attacks anymore... he just wanted to feel... happy.

Spinel walked into the room containing Steven.  "Damnit Steven" Spinel said sitting down, "I know you can hear me some fucking how, Look I know I sound ridiculous but I know you wouldn't have given up

That easily" Steven heard Spinel's Voice all around him, "Steven... Spinel Loves you" Rose said, Steven turned to face his mom, "Go to her, I'll be waiting" She said kissing his forehead. "Tell her that I'm sorry... okay?" Rose smiled as She watched him fade.

~Steven's POV~
I slowly opened my eyes and saw a bright light. Wait I thought she said I would come back? Oh my bad. I sat up a bit seeing Spinel walking back and fourth, "I don't think I can attend your funeral! I'LL BE A FUCKING IDIOT BECAUSE I WON'T STOP CRYING!" She yelled crying into her hands. "I don't think that will be necessary" I said, "Shh I'm trying to have a momen-" Spinel stopped and turned to look at me,

"I knew you weren't fucking dead" She said jumping on to me and kissing me all over, I laughed "Stop! Those tickle!" I squealed, "HOLY SHIT YOU'RE ALIVE!" Lapis shouted hugging me as everyone else came and hugged me as well, "What even happened" I asked, "You had such a bad Panic attack that your heart gave out, We don't even know how it's possible you're alive!" Peridot yelled, after an hour of Everyone hugging me and Spinel suffocating me, Visitor hours were over. "By Steven" Spinel said kissing me on the lips, "Oh wait Spinel" I said, Everyone turned to me. "Well I guess this applies to everyone... Rose missed you guys and loves you" I said awkwardly,

Everyone went mute as they looked at me shocked and sad, "Spinel, She's really sorry and only did....THAT because she was protecting you" I explained. Spinel gasped. I gave everyone a big smile with my eyes closed as they all questioned me, "Hey visiting hours are over" a nurse said kicking everyone out.