12

🌞 NEXT DAY

I think Ms. Lisa is in a bad mood, since the beginning she wasn't really smiling at all.

And there came the co-mentor, Coach Seulgi.

She was different. Actually quite more strict than Ms. Lisa? But she keeps on smiling the whole time. Is she crazy? Maybe she's just happy!!

She dismissed us but Ms. Lisa didn't really show up after leaving the room.

I went to the cafe but she wasn't there too, instead I saw a different face which was familiar.

"Irene??"

I went to near to her table.

"It's you!!"

I hugged her tightly and sat in front of her.

"Jennie.. H-hi.. How are you?"

"I'm good, I'm good! I'm actually training nearby, you?"

"I havent really trained..."

"What?? But you were my inspiration in achieving this goal! You were so persistent back then and you were the one pushing me to do this, you even said we'll achieve it together soon!"

Irene was the one I meant during my introduction. She's a high school friend who transferred and didn't contact me afterwards leaving the school.

"Yes but.. Things got changed.."

Coach Seulgi went near us.

"Jennie?"

She asked me.

"You know her?"

Irene asked Seulgi.

Okay, now I'm confused do they know each other?

"Y-yes.. She's one of Lisa's trainees."

She sat down beside Irene while placing the food tray which contains cappuccino, frappe and a slice of Red Velvet cake.

"Oh, sorry I only ordered two coffees. Do you want one?"

Coach Seulgi asked me.

"N-no.. I'm good.. Sorry I might be bothering you."

I said.

"You? You're not, it's fine."

Irene isn't saying anything to me, meeting after a long time she should've told me a lot of stories.

"So you two know each other?"

Coach Seulgi asked us.

"Yes.. High school friends.."

Someone called Coach Seulgi so she stood up and left.

"How are you? How did you know Coach Seulgi?"

I asked Irene.

"She's.. I'm not comfortable enough to tell you.."

"But we're best friends right? Nothing's changed!"

"That was way back high school.. We're graduates now.."

What? Why is she suddenly acting up like this?

"You don't treat me as a friend anymore?"

"No, Jennie.. It's just that.."

"It's fine. It's been a long time anyways. I'll be leaving now."

I stood up.

"W-wait."

She held me back down to sit.

"Okay fine."

She sighed.
....

"We're together."

For real??

"What? Together? As in the both of you? Together?"

"Y-yeah.."

"Are you serious?"

"Its completely unbelievable.. And wrong.."

"What? Why? Love knows no boundaries right?"

"No.. What I mean is.."

"What is it?"

"She was my mentor for months.."

"Then?"

"I fell for her and.. the agency found out, a trainee and mentor should just focus on trainings.."

"Really? What happened next??"

"I haven't proceeded to the next months of training even though I was already given the contract to debut after five months. It was such a great opportunity."

"It was.. Really.. I don't think I could make the same decision as you. You held your dream for a long time same as me but you just let it go like that?"

"I didn't do it on purpose.. Nobody falls in love on purpose.."

"But how did coach Seulgi be allowed to train again? Didn't she have a violation or whatsoever?"

"She did have.. She's supposed to be your mentor now but because of what happened she was demoted. The agency couldn't kick her out because she was too good so she made her a co-mentor instead."

"Oh.. So that's what happened.. You were also at the same agency as me before?"

"Before, sadly. We could've had the chance to debut together soon if I stayed."

"Hey, cheer up okay? Everything happens for a reason."

"I'm just too shy to tell you, please don't misunderstand what I said earlier I was just trying to push you off.."

"Hey, it's okay! You were hurtful but now I understand.."

"Anyways, Just.. Just think of me as a lesson and don't waste your opportunity to become what you want."

"I wouldn't. Thank you.. And congrats on not being single?"

"Thank you? How about you? Are you seeing someone now?"

"No actually.."

"Oh, I also think you should focus on training. You might get distracted with lovers."

"Tsk! I don't even have a love interest I just want to debut as early as possible."

"It's good that you're focusing on your goal."

"Yeah.."

Coach Seulgi came back.

"Have to go.."

She said.

"What? I'm coming with you!"

Irene said while grabbing her things.

"You're not talking with Jennie?"

"We just did!"

She stood up.

Irene got both of the coffee.

"That Red Velvet cake should be yours, here's my number by the way, contact me if anything goes wrong."

"O-okay..."

Then I saved Irene's number on my phone. 

And then and there I was left alone eating the Red Velvet cake. But where could Ms. Lisa possibly be?

I wonder what happened to her but I just brushed it off my mind and went home to take a sleep.

[ And here I am flexing my main shipp!! Seulrene y'all and also Jenrene interaction is cute uwu let's make it happen in this story. ]