Ode to Sunshine

⸙ belles lettres to my not so perfect sister ⸙

You scolded me again because of my carelessness - bombarded my inbox with angry texts because I forgot to update you about my whereabouts and but surely, I find it so beautiful: you, protecting me.

You would be frantic if I would talk about the boys that have been trying to catch my attention in school and you would spend your night, lecturing me about the poison bad boys bring.You would be mad if I would easily accept a favor from pals whom I didn't have a personal contact for months. You would say that they just remember me if they need something. You hate them so much - all the bad things they did to me that I already forgot are still inked in your head. And to be honest, you're always right. You told me every single mistake that you did, making sure that I would not commit those. We may fight a lot - argue about history, fight over stupid texts, but hell, those are what's making us, us.

Every morning, you would make sure to give me good morning messages so that I would be motivated. You would make sure to remind me about the things that I need to do in school, the donts in school, and would always remind me to be meticulous in everything that I would be doing. You would always make sure that I wouldn't skip meals - and would never let a day pass without you, messaging me about your constant reminders.

Every night, you would ask me about my day, the things that have happened in school, and you would always give comments and would comfort me if something awful did happen. And no, don't tell me that you're the best because you are n ---- okay, fine: you are the best.

Despite your hectic schedules, you would always find time for us to bond. You're a teacher and you do have a lot of works at home and in school, but you would always free your weekend for me - always making sure to have my favorites in your fridge when I'm around, because you never know when my cravings would kick in and making sure that you have new movies stored in your flash drive and new funny gossips to be shared.

You would always encourage me to study well, because if I would have a failing grade, you know that I would have a breakdown. And yes, you have helped me so much in so many ways. And not to brag, but you are the best in tick-tocking the history of whole asia, whew.

There are times when I'd be so grumpy. There are times when I hate everyone without reasons, and there are times when I would be so sad, but you didn't leave my side. Instead, you would do your best to make me smile again. You would always do your best to make me elicit a cackle. Instead of running away from my hurricanes, you would choose to dance under it with me. I could talk to you whole day. I could talk to you for hours about my weirdness, my curiosity, my secrets, down to the people I hate. And that's not because you are my sister, but because more than that, you are my best friend.

You and mom are the most beautiful women I have ever known. You are beautiful inside and more beautiful on the outside. You are my critique.You are the first reader of my proses and poetry.You are always present during my rock bottom downfalls to the rainbow sprinkled success, arms spread and with a wide smile.

I don't know how to say thank you to you, but rest assured that I won't mess your bed and won't flip the covers of your new books. And did I say that I love you very much? Oh well, I love you very much.