𝐹𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑡ℎ𝑜

august 23, 1943, his birthday - and perhaps, we were destiny; my birthday was a day before his, august 22. i have heard countless tales about him. him, visiting different places along with his guitar, serenading demoiselles with long skirts and classic dresses. he was an angel figure of a gothic man; he was handsome like the thespians of the big city. he was worshipped by many women, but he loved only one - great, unconditional and in the truest form. but to tell you, that wasn't me.

i knew that he loved me, i felt it so much. he made me feel like i was a beautiful painting displayed in one of the museums at paris. he cured my aching heart and did put smiles on my face. i never liked scorching summer days, but because of him, i did. the idea of us playing in the meadow with his kite, catching dragonflies and storing memories. i remember the midnights when he stayed awake, singing me lullabies. his heavensent eyes intricately speaking of peonies and daises, and with his stare and his darling smile, i knew i was safe.

rosy beaus of our countryside often called him as the eikōn of music and they were totally right - his voice was one of a kind, nearly like kenney rogers, but his was more doucet. i have been into his home and his living room was filled with many plaques, trophies of gold and silver from contests he had won. he was talented. he was someone who loved artistry so much and for me, he was art.

art had always been a complex thing, but him with his whole divinity, he was art. he was the masterpiece van gogh forgot to paint and the shakespearean sonnet william forgot to publish.

an art was meant to be kept forever; he was art but i failed to keep him. before the end of summer, he was mine to kiss goodbye.

&&. dearest grandpa, you will forever live in my heart. continue to love grandma and watch her from up above. art was defined by merriam as the conscious use of skill and creative imagination especially in the production of aesthetic objects, but no - art was faustho. you.