Chapter 17: Midnight Memories

"A walk? Indy, it's like 10 o'clock." I shook my head, trying to ignore the fact that it did sound like a fun idea. "We can't just go out for a dandy stroll."

"Sure we can, we'll sneak out." She shrugged.

"But what about your parents?" I asked. Kirsten seemed fine with me before, but I have no doubt that if they catch us, I'll be the one to take the hit, and trust me when I say that is definitely something I don't want to happen.

"They've probably gone to sleep. We'll just go out my window," she replied as if it wasn't a big deal. Don't get me wrong, I'd love going for a midnight walk with Indy, just the two of us, but I don't want to get in trouble. Heck, I don't want her getting in trouble. It just wasn't a reasonable idea when you thought about all the consequences that might come along with it.

"I don't know..." I replied warily.

"Oh come on Harry!" She groaned. "Stop being such a goody-two-shoes."

"I'm not a goody-two-shoes! I just don't want to get in trouble." I defended.

"Exactly." Indy smirked. "But don't worry, we won't." She promised me.

"Just come on." she begged, grabbing my wrist and pulling me out the door.

"I thought you said we were going to go out your window?" I whispered as Indy dragged me towards the stairs. I guess this was happening then. We were really going for a walk in the middle of the night.

"I did, but then I realised my bedroom's on the second floor, so that's probably not the smartest idea. We'll just sneak through the front door." She whispered back. I just nodded, following her until we reached the front door. Her small fingers unwrapped themselves from my wrist as she silently opened the front door, waiting for me to walk out before shutting it behind the both us.

"Come on." She whispered, nodding her head towards the path. I jogged to catch up with her before we were walking a in a comfortable silence along the footpath. I glanced down at her while her gaze was fixed straight a head, only now realising that she was still in her pyjama shorts and it was much cooler outside. If I was her boyfriend I'd probably make some comment about how I didn't want other guys looking at her in those because they were too short, but I wasn't her boyfriend. So instead I bit my tongue, keeping my mouth shout. If we were going for a morning walk and she was just wearing regular shorts, I'd be totally fine with it. I hate it when boys are stupidly overprotective end up ruling the girls life, telling her what she can and can't do. If Indy wants to wear shorts, then that's fine, who am I to tell her otherwise. The only reason I was slightly worried now though, was because it was late at night and who knows what kind of people (or older men) could be wondering the streets at this hour. But part of me also knew I was just being completely paranoid.

"Harry?" Indy spoke up, breaking the comfortable silence and my training thoughts.

"Hm?" I replied, looking down at her.

"Do you ever miss England? Like do you ever wish you could've just stayed and not have moved to America?" She asked, still keeping her focus straight ahead.

England. I miss it so much. America's great its just not the same.

"Well yeah, I mean of course I miss England, it's my home. It's where I'm from and where I was raised for the first part of my life, not that I remember too much of it seeing as I've lived here for nine years. America is just so different though. The people are different, the food is different, the schools are different, the weather's different." I laughed. "but no, I don't wish I stayed there." I replied matter-of-factly. "I've thought about it before, and sure, I would love to visit agin one day, but moving to America is one of- no, the best thing that's ever happened to me."