Chapter 6(The guy was a jerk)

Sasha took a deep breath as they approached the community center where the annual policemen's ball was being held. Every year, Sasha had to go with Baron, and she hated it. She hated being attached to his arm as he laughed and joked with his colleagues about things she had no idea about. She hated having to pretend that they were the perfect married couple. But this year, this year would be the worst yet. This was the first year she had to deal with the feelings of losing a baby.

When they'd gone to the appointment, the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat on the fetus. Nothing at all. Just as quickly as Sasha found out she was pregnant, she lost it. And Baron blamed her. As soon as they had gotten home, he beat her until she passed out. And it didn't stop after that day. The past week, she'd been unable to go to Bayley's because she was in too much pain.

Tonight, she had to push through it with her make-up and taking as much medicine as she could to push the pain aside. "When we get in there, you better have a fucking smile on your face." Baron stated to her, causing her to nod and reach out to open the door of the car. She smoothed out her dress and met him at the front of the car to hook her arm with his before heading inside.

Similar to Sasha, Bayley was dreading being at the policemen's ball. Not only did she not have a date this year, but she also hadn't seen Sasha in a week. She tried to call the woman, but nothing. Bayley was hoping that she would be at the ball and she would get a chance to see her. She knew that she worked with Sasha's husband, but she had no idea who he was.

Bayley sat at the bar and ordered a drink. She needed something to take the edge and nerves away. She just wanted to go home, but she knew that she needed to stay. She needed an explanation from Sasha as to why she just stopped showing up and answering her calls. She saw the door open and a couple enter. It was Sasha and Baron. She was in complete shock that Baron was Sasha's husband. Bayley hated that guy....well it was more like he hated her. She just sat there and watched as they walked in together.

Sasha forced a smile onto her face as they entered the building. She looked around, seeing a few of the officers that she recognized, she waved to them. Before she could greet them, she was pulled away to the bar by Baron. Of course he would want a drink. She ordered a rum and coke for herself before looking down the bar. Her breath caught when she saw Bayley. Sasha had to push back the urge to go up to her and hug her and apologize for everything the past week. But she couldn't. Her husband was right beside her. And he made sure to remind her as he rested his hand on her hip, right over a bruise that made her hiss softly.

"Get it together." He leaned in to whisper against her ear.

"It hurt, Baron." She looked right into his eyes, knowing she could get away with it for right now, but later she'd regret it. Sasha reached out for her drink and glanced down to Bayley again, smiling just slightly at her as she looked over the woman in her uniform.

Bayley just quietly sipped on her drink. Sasha looked stunning and as much as she wanted to check the woman out, she couldn't. She watched as the couple approached the bar. She was waiting to see if Sasha would come over and say anything to her, but instead all she got was a half smile. Bayley sighed and returned a tight lipped smile. She assumed Sasha only did that for pleasantries. Bayley just sighed and stood up, walking away from the bar. It was obvious Sasha had regretted everything when she left and she didn't want to torture herself by seeing Sasha with her husband. Bayley made her way over to her table and sat down, keeping an eye on Sasha from there.

Sasha felt her body tense up when Baron pressed his hand a little bit harder into her side. All she could do was close her eyes for a moment and take a quick breath. She couldn't let her pain show. She frowned some when she saw Bayley walk off to a table to sit down. Sighing softly, she sipped her drink. All she could do was tune out all of Baron's conversation, throwing in the occasional smile here and there to pretend like she cared.