CHAPTER 9

Nakarating kami sa bahay nila Brent around 6:45 PM. He parked his car and we went inside their house. Kuya Renz was on the veranda when we entered their house. Tita Ellen and Tito Hernan were not yet home. Caleb ran to me when he saw me with Kuya Renz on his back both of his hands were in his pocket.

Caleb hugged my left leg and I knelt down to level him, 

"Did our baby eat na?" I asked and I pinched his cheeks.

He pouted and shook his head telling no,

"He's waiting for you," Kuya Renz said while his hands were still inside his pocket.

I looked at him and stood up, "Let's go na baby, ate will feed you na okay?" I looked back at Caleb and held his hand.

"Sinong baby?" Kuya Renz asked while his right hand was on his chin, 

His lips parted and he directs his eyes to Brent and to Caleb before looking back at me,

Brent chuckled and said, "Stupid," 

I ignored them and went to the dining room with Caleb. Brent grabbed my things and put them in his room. 

The four of us ate the dinner together, Kuya Renz and Brent were talking about their businesses while I'm feeding Caleb.

After eating, I insist to wash the dishes though their helpers were telling me not to, it's fine with me anyway. I went upstairs with Caleb going to his Kuya Brent's room, the design of his room was changed.

 It's very minimal now, it's beautiful. 

Caleb pulled the hem of my shirt and said, "Ate Sachi, play your guitar please!" and he please gestured his hands.

I chuckled and took my guitar out of its bag, good thing I brought this.

He ran into the bed and tried to climb but his leg cannot reach it, I helped him to climb and I sat down. Caleb lay his head on my legs and I brushed his hair before singing.

"So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time
Let me kiss you
Then close your eyes
And I'll be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times, I won't have to say"

He closed his eyes and he looks so comfortable with me,