CHAPTER 2

After Brent parked his car in the basement of the hospital. I quickly opened the door and walk towards the elevator. Ate Doris gave me the details of it, it is a private hospital here in BGC, Taguig.

Brent clicked the G button as for the ground. I removed my bucket hat because we are now going inside the hospital. As soon as the door opens, we immediately walk towards the reception desk to ask. When I saw Mom and Ate Doris came out from the Ward, I ran to them.

"Mommy, what did the doctor says?" I asked in a concerned way.

She didn't answer me, I looked at Ate Doris and she immediately looked away from me, pursing her lips. Trying not to tell something.

I looked at my mom again, trying to figure out what really happened.

"Nahilo lang ako, 'nak. Medjo kulang kasi ako sa tulog kagabi kaya siguro I passed out." She said in a normal voice.

I nodded, still not convinced.

"Tita.." Brent reached for my mom's hand, magmamano.

Mommy smiled at Brent, then Brent offered his hand to hold my mom's bag.  Sumakay na kami ng elevator going down to the basement. Ate Doris was silent the whole time. Now, I am curious of my mom's condition. I need to figure this out before it's too late.

I opened the back door for my mom and Ate Doris. I sat on the shotgun seat. Brent had driven his car. I look through the window convincing myself that nothing happened to my mom. I took my phone out and turned on my mobile data to message the troupe.

Sachizina: Kuya Martin, sorry po I can't make it today, need ako ni mom dito sa house. Sorry guys, I'll catch up sa Monday.

Walang nag-reply, nilagay ko na sa loob ng bag yung phone ko. It vibrated because of some notifications. I opened it and he replied.

Martin: Ha? 'di ba kasama mo si Brent? haha!

Angela: Hmm?

Angela: @Alexander Sanchez!!!!

I rolled my eyes, every time that I'm with Brent akala nila that something is going on between us, I don't know why they always mention Alex every time they read or heard Brent's name.

"Di ka na makakapagprac?" Brent asked me, he looked at me and put his sights back on the road.

"'Di na e, okay lang." I replied.

"Tambay muna ako sainyo" He insisted.

"Oks, kung wala kang gagawin" I replied but not looking at him.

Mabilis lang yung biyahe from the hospital to our house. We're living in Makati, kaya malapit-lapit lang sa BGC. Si Brent naman they moved out here sa village namin 2 years ago nung nakahanap sila ng house sa Quezon City. We still have a connection because her mom and my mom are highschool best friends so are we.

Pagpasok namin ng bahay I grabbed the food na supposedly baon ko for my practice, pero siguro uulamin nalang namin for lunch. Mom went to her room with Ate Doris, and Brent was just sitting on the couch with his phone.

I told Ate Rea what happened while putting the container of my food in the microwave, medjo lumamig na kasi. I helped Ate Rea to prepare, she cooked the rice while I'm serving the food on the table.