CHAPTER 19

"Dior Sachizina Lim of Arts and Design Track. Most Spirited Award, Enthusiastic Learner, Leadership Award, Outstanding Improvement Award, Academic Star, Student of Integrity Award, Student of the Year. With the total average of 98.62% Principal's Honor, With Highest Honors!"

I got shy going onto the stage, I shook the principal's hand and thanked her for congratulating me. Si Mommy ang nagsabit ng mga medalya ko, niyakap niya ako at napansin ko ang mga luhang tutulo na galing sa kaniyang mga mata.

The emcee gestured me to go near her, "It's time for your speech" She rubbed my back,

My eyes widened and I froze a bit, I don't know what to say!

What the heck?! 

I didn't even know that I'm going to have my own speech!

I am not the valedictorian though!

"Oh my gosh, bahala na." I whispered.

I made a deep breath and smiled at the crowd,

" I was so uncertain about speaking today for a while, especially regarding all the changes the last few months have made, but everything can change and that shouldn't hinder me from saying what I want to. There was a point when I wasn't sure if I'd even be around to see this day. I can't speak for the whole community of this school, but I am sure that many others have perceived the same way. And therefore, while I could spend this time thanking the countless staff who have encouraged me to be where I am today. My professors, especially Ms. Atienza, thank you for helping me throughout those years. To my dance troupe and my classmates, I couldn't imagine surviving this journey without you guys, thank you! And to my Mom, my heart just can't thank you enough for giving me such a strong foundation to grow and be the independent person I am today. I love you Mommy, this is for us!

To all the students who are graduating today, You can look at yourself in the mirror later tonight and know that you beat the odds that may have been ricked against you. Whether it be unforgiving pasts, unfortunate experiences, or any person who told you you couldn't do it. And yet, you did. YOU did it. There have been people who have supported you along, yes, but in the end, there's you. So, gratified yourself, and forgive who you were. Because you succeeded, and it's only up from here.

I may not be the batch valedictorian, but I want you guys to know that I really am grateful and contented for what I have now. Congratulations, graduates and we did it! Thank you!"

The crowd stood up and clapped their hands, I made a 90 degree bow to express my gratitude and my respect. 

I went down on the stage and thanked the students who are greeting me, 

"Wow naman, your speech is way better than the Valedictorian's speech, though," A student told me,