Chapter 3

Chris POV:

I gasp in shock as the doctor reveals the face of the victim. I hear a blood curdling scream escape Jesy's lips before she falls limp into my arms and I catch her right in the moment. I carefully lay her down as the doctor comes over and checks on her „Is she okay?" „She just fainted from this overwhelming shock. I need you to lift up her legs a little please." I nod and take her legs and hold them up carefully. I look back up on the bed. It really is true. It was her mother. The kindest human being I've met. She was always so supportive and helped us a lot. When Jesy was in the psych ward we talked a lot on the phone and she let me pour my heart out and vice versa. She was literally the most amazing person. I feel Jesy stir and her eyes open. A little confused she sits up and looks at me before I pull her in my embrace. I think she remembered again what happened judging by her pained sobs. I stroke her back and rock us back and forth „Mom! Wake up!" „Shhh baby..." „Mom..." „I know baby. I know." I get up, picking her up with me. The doctor looks sympathetically at us „So...she's her mother?" „Yea. Janice White is her name." „Right thank you Mr. I'm so so sorry for your loss." I nod as he leads us outside. I slightly quicken my pace as her sobs become uncontrollably and louder. I say goodbye to the woman behind the reception as we exit the hospital. It was pitch black outside and cold. At my car, I carefully put her on the passenger seat and fasten her seatbelt while she just stares out of the front window. I sigh and get in the driver's seat and drive off  keeping my eyes on her. My hand tightly hold hers the whole way as we finally reach her property. I carry her inside and sit us down on the bed „Can I do anything for you baby?" she nods „The picture on the TV stand please." „Anything baby." I kiss her temple and scramble downstairs to get the picture she meant. She means the picture we took with her mother last year on our anniversary. I pick it up and a lonely tear rolls down my cheek. I wipe it away and make my way back to Jesy. As I enter the bedroom, I see her wrapped up in her blanket and crying hysterically into the pillow. I sit down next to her as she lifts her head „Here baba." „Thank you." She sits up next to me and I watch her take the picture with shaky hands. Her soft thumbs caress her mother's portrait. She lays back down and hugs the picture „Do you want to be alone or do you want me to stay?" „Can you stay?" „Of course." I lay down next to her and she cuddles into me, sobbing into my chest. I can't imagine the pain she must be feeling. I saw her already at her lowest but I know for sure that this is even worse. I hate seeing her suffer in general but seeing her in this state kills me. It really kills me and I would do anything to take her pain away. I feel sad and angry I can't do much for her apart from comforting her. I stroke her hair softly and I her sobs stop. I look down and see her asleep. Poor girl. I quickly take my phone and decide to let the girls know that Jesy won't be coming to work tomorrow. I don't want to let her go in that state.

Chris: Uh hey Jade just wanna let you girls know Jesy won't be coming to work tomorrow...

Jade: Oh okay what's wrong with her?

Chris: Well we got a call, saying she was needed to identify a victim of a murder in the hospital here. Turns out her mom was murdered by someone. And she is just in such a bad state like I can't let her go like this.

Jade: Omfg wth?! I don't know what to say wtf...of course it's more than understandable she's staying home tomorrow. She needs it...poor girl I can't imagine the pain she must be going through.

Chris: Yea thought the same.

Jade: Are you there or shall we watch over her tomorrow?

Chris: No I'm there. But thank you for the offer Jade.

Jade: No problem. Let her please know we are only one text or call away if she needs someone to talk to okay? Same goes for you Chris just you know.

Chris: Thank you so much Jade.

Jade: Np

I shut my phone as it was already 1am. I feel her stir around and hear her cry. I quickly check on her and stroke her hair. She mumbles inaudible things as I softly whisper „It's okay baby I'm here." I feel her calm down a bit and she keeps sleeping. I hug her tightly and close my own eyes to try sleep.

I'm so sorry for killing Jan😭😭😭writing this broke my poor heart and I tell you I'm crying rn😭 I mean I listened to „These four walls" while writing this so it's my fault I'm crying like a baby😭💔