Chapter 7

Chris POV:

I hug her shaking frame really tight and try soothing her pain. But I know I won't or more precisely I couldn't take it away. She lifts her head up and looks at me with red and puffy eyes and tears running down her reddened face. I caress her cheeks with my thumbs "You're so strong babygirl do you know that?" She nods and sighs "Can I do something good for you?" She boldly shakes her head and whispers with a croaky voice "I'll have a shower." She gets up and I see her slump upstairs. Sighing I prop my head up on my hands and try thinking of a way to help her. I get up and go upstairs and see her coming out dressed "Feeling better baby?" She nods "Do you want to go for a walk to the cementry?" She nods bluntly and I grab her hand and head downstairs with her grabbing the keys on my way. Outside she cuddles closer to me and we walk to the cementry as I promised her. I open the little rusty door for her and we enter. Arriving at the grave, I wrap my arm around her and she sighs deeply "That's so unfair." "I know baby I know." I feel her weight pressing a little more against me as I look for a bench. I lead us carefully to it and sit us down and she rests her head on my shoulder "Why?" She whimpers "I don't know darling." I stroke her arm gently "Can we go home again? I don't wanna be here anymore." "Of course." I help her get up and we make our way back home. I always kept a sharp eye on her and we finally reach her house again "Babe you need to eat something please." I carefully suggest as we strip off our shoes. She nods in response and we go to the kitchen "What you wanna have? What do you reckon?" She props on the chair and shrugs with her shoulders "Don't mind." I look for her favourite yogurt in the fridge, smiling as I finally find it and take it out, bringing it to her and grabbing a spoon on my way "How about some raspberry yogurt?" Her face lights up for a second and she nods "Yea? Does that sound good?" She nods and I sit down next to her. I dip the spoon in and lead it to her mouth. Gladly she eats it and I keep feeding her until she finished the whole little cup. I kiss her and she tastes like raspberries "Well done baby." She hums and we get into the living room. We lay down on the couch and I spoon her. Yet again she flinches as my arm touches her hip "Jumpscared again?" She nods "When was the last time you properly slept?" "Three days ago." She closes her eyes and I decide not to say anything else and let her get some sleep. I play with her hair and watch her. I still can't believe I can call her my girlfriend. She stirs around and I hear soft snores coming from her. Finally she's getting the sleep she so deserves. I keep playing with her hair softly and look at the sleeping beauty. But I have this feeling that there is more to the flinching whenever I touch her waist. Naaah Chris you're just imagining things and get too worried. I take my phone and snap a quick picture of us, posting it with the caption: my strong little sleeping beauty. I scroll a little more through Instagram until I feel her small frame stir. I shut the display and look down into her gorgeous hazel eyes "Well hello my gorgeous girl. How you feeling?" "I'm alive, if living is just a beating heart." Ouch that hurts but I brush it off. I nuzzle my head into her neck and take in her dreamy scent and intervine our fingers. She hums and closes her eyes "You comfortable baby?" She nods and sighs "If I'm getting too clingy or too annoying just tell me." I snap up again and look at her "Babe what are you talking about? I love spending time with you babe." "No I mean like if I annoy you with my constant sadness and stuff." I sit her up and take her hands "Listen. I chose you as my girlfriend. I chose you because I want to be there for you when things get though. I wanna be the shoulder you can lean and cry on. If you love someone you take care of them and never leave their side. I love you okay baby? I would never dare to hurt you." She tears up and nods. I pull her in for a kiss. As we pull away she whispers a faint "Thank you." I hug her yet again and get up with her, leading her into the kitchen "Let's cook something together babe." She shakes her head "I'd rather go upstairs and lay down in bed." She turns around and leaves, heading upstairs. Seeing her this broken hurts. I feel so angry and sad at the same time, knowing I couldn't do anything to take her pain. It's scary how bad her body can shake in fear, how desperately she cries and how broken someones eyes can look. I sigh and decide to cook alone instead. I finish and head upstairs to call her that dinner was ready. I enter the bedroom carefully and she is not there "Jes?" I walk to the bathroom and see the door was locked "Jes babe you in there?" "Yea." "Are you okay?" "Yea." "You sure?" She hums and I let out a breath "Dinner is ready babes." She opens the door and I pick her up, carrying her downstairs again. As I sit her down, she starts shaking and clutches my shirt tightly "Jes?" She turns pale and starts sweating heavily, hyperventilating "Okay okay baby. Breathe with me." I kneel down in front of her, taking her hands and show her the rhythm and she follows. We breathe for a few minutes and she calms down again "You okay now?" She nods and wipes some sweat off her forehead. I kiss her temple and sit down on the opposite, immediately digging into the food. I looked up and saw her playing with the fork in the food until she gets up "I can't eat." "Hey it's alright." She gets into the living room and lays down and taking Reggie and Oscar on her lap, cuddling them as I see them licking her face. She was crying again so I drop my fork and rush over and hug her tightly "Hey hey hey baby it's okay." I shush her gently and let her cry as some tears also make their way down my cheeks. This poor girl "I'm so sorry Chris that I'm so draining." "Babe are you crazy? You're not. It's normal to feel like this when you lost a loved one." I rock her back and forth gently, stroking her back and whisper some 'I love you' s here and there.

Yikes guess who is crying again... Meeeeee. Idk what's wrong with me in the last time lol I cry so easily but well😂💔