Chapter 4

Jesy POV:

I feel my leg twitch and open my eyes. It's still dark outside and I carefully turn around and look at the time. 3am. I sigh and carefully wiggle out of Chris embrace and quietly get up. I close the door carefully and now notice I still hug the picture. I tiptoe downstairs and head to the kitchen. I make myself a chamomile tea. Waiting for the water to boil, I stare down at the picture and a single tear drop falls down on it. I wipe it away and fill the boiling water into a cup and add the teabag. Waiting for it to brew, I take my phone from thw charger and open the group chat

From Leelee: We're there for you Jesminda if you need anything ❤️😔

From Jadey: We love you Jes and we're only one text or call away if you need something 🥺❤️

From Pezziebear: If you want to talk, we're here bæ❤️

I close my phone again and take the tea bag out of the cup and toss it in the bin. Taking a sip, I sit down on the couch in the living room and look outside. I trace the hem of the cup and pull my knees to my chest as Reggie jumps to me „Hello little bear." I pick him up and stroke him but let my tears fall. My mom loved Reggie and Oscar. I think he noticed I was crying, so he jumps on my chest and licks my tears „Thank you." I place him down again and stare outside the window.

Chris POV:

I was shaken awake by the empty feeling next to me. I feel around in the empty bed. No Jesy. I look at the time: 3:30am. I sit up straight and look around in the room, but she is nowhere to be found. I panic and get up, and run against the door. I rub my temple and curse quietly as I open the door and scramble downstairs. I turn around the corner and see her sitting in the living room, staring outside, Reggie in her lap and a cup in her hands „Babe?"

Jesy POV:

„Babe?" I snap in the direction and see a sleepy Chris standing there, rubbing his eyes „Did I wake you up?" „No. No you didn't." He sits down next to me and wraps an arm around me, pulling me to him. I release a shaky breath and let more tears escape „That's so unfair" I say, voice cracking at the end „I know baby." „That sucks." He pulls me closer and sighs as well „Do you need anything?" I shake my head and wipe my tears „You couldn't do that." „What? Do what?" „Bring her back." „I know babe, I can't. I wish I could." I release myself from his embrace and get up to place the empty cup in the sink. I feel absolutely nothing. I feel numb and like I couldn't breathe. But how would you feel if your mother has been murdered and the murder is still running around somewhere, waiting to kill his next victim. It's scary. I get back to Chris „Do you think it's my fault?" He looks shocked at me „Why would you say that?" „I don't know. I feel like I shouldn't have told you and the girls about the rape. I have this feeling that he has got to do something with it." „Babe what are you talking about? It's not your fault babygirl." „It is. He threatened to do something when I told anyone. I think he somehow found out." „Babe stop blaming yourself. You're making this worse than it already is." He gets up to hug me but I pull away „Sorry I didn't want to be too clingy." „It's okay." he smiles sadly and I get into the bathroom. There I lock the door and slide down on it until I reach the floor. I hug my legs and start sobbing „This is all your fault." I keep whispering to myself „If you wouldn't have told anyone, mum would still be alive."

This is a little short this chapter and I'm really sorry🥺 but there's not more to say in this chapter and therefore the next will be a little longer ❤️hope you're all safe🥺🥺