Chapter 11

Leigh POV:

I was just cuddling with my fiancé when I saw Jade's caller ID pop up on my screen.

(A/N: L= Leigh, Ja= Jade)

L: Hiya Jeed what's up?
Ja: Leigh call Pez and tell her to meet me in 10 at me house.
L: Woah I...

She hung up so I quickly informed Pez and got up „What's wrong babe?" „I don't know. Jade just called and wants me and Perrie to come over and she sounded extremely overwhelmed and on edge." „Go on then babe. Take care. Do you need a lift?" „Nah I'll be good, thanks boo." I kiss him and make my way downstairs to my car. I can tell you that I'm really worried. I think it has something to do with Jesy because Jade only told me to call Pez. I quickly drive at Jade's place and see Perrie's car in the driveway already. I park and scramble to the door, which was opened by Jade's new boyfriend Jason „Hey Leigh Anne. Jade and Perrie are in the living room. I'm upstairs if y'all need something." I nod and thank him, heading into the living room. Jade is curled up into a ball, sobbing into Perrie. I sigh and hug them both „Hey." I sit down next to them and Jade looks up from Perrie's chest. I stroke her cheeks „Hey what's wrong Jadey?" She immediately starts sobbing and mumbles inaudible things. Perrie strokes her back and explains everything that Jade had told her. As she finishes, I gasp and now understand Jade's condition. Chris, Jade and Perrie are right. This isn't the Jesy we know, and to quote Jesy ‚Pain changes people'. I get up and earn weird glares „Hop into the car and we'll head over at Jesy's. I don't wanna lose her." „Leigh I told you she would either brush it off or not even bother talking to you." „I don't care. I'd rather have that than her killing herself in the end. I'm not gonna argue now. Come with me now and hurry up." Normally I'm not like this but if it comes to my friends, I'm overprotective, well sometimes too much but no one dares to hurt my friends with me around. Jerrie get up and we get into my car, driving off to Jesy's place. Just as we arrive we see Chris leaving the house. „Chris? What are you doing?" He sniffs „We had yet another argument. I think she'll break up with me." „Aww Chris." I've had enough. I hug him and stomp towards her door, ringing vigorously. Jesy opens with teary eyes and lets us in, not saying a word. We sit down on her couch and she doesn't even bother looking at us. I look around the corner and see a smashed glass on the floor and a crushed frame with a photo in it. I sigh and look back at her „Jes?" she finally looks at me „What happened?" she gets up, takes my arm and pulls me into her bedroom upstairs. Okay that was strange. She closes the door and sits next to me „Jes that's so unlike you. What's wrong?" „I made a mistake Leigh." „Do you wanna talk about it?" She nods „I told Chris to get out of my life because he was annoying me with his constant worries and I said that if he couldn't deal with the new Jesy, he shall leave and he just left and now he hates me." I hug her „Babe he doesn't hate you." „He does." „No darling he doesn't. We just met him and he was pretty upset." She hums „Jes everyone makes mistakes." „But I only seem to make a lot. If I wouldn't, mum would still be alive and I wouldn't have so many problems to keep up a relationship. I'm a failure Leigh." That smashed my heart. She blames herself for everything plus she thinks she is a nobody. I hug her tighter and keep reassuring her that there was nothing wrong with her. I let her cry a little more until she pulls away „D-do you think Chris is still there?" I wipe her tears and help her up „Then let's go downstairs and have a look." We head downstairs and go outside, to see Chris sitting on the side of the street, his head in his hands. Jesy runs to him „Chris!" he turns around and springs to his feet. She falls into his arms and he picks her up, carrying her towards the house. They reach the door and I see his eyes red from all the crying. As he passes me, I rub his arm and gesture him to go talk to her. I sit back down in the living room and sigh. „It's not looking good. She keeps blaming herself and told me she was a failure." Jerrie look at me and shake their heads. I get up again to clean up the glass. I bow down and see the crushed photo frame. It was a picture of Chris kissing Jesy. I guess when they had the argument she must have smashed it. I sigh as I carefully pick up the shards and put the photo on the table. For the rest I use the vacuum cleaner and get back to the girls, waiting for Chris and Jesy to come back down. We sat there in silence until I heard yelling from upstairs yet again. We snap up, being alarmed. Silence. What had happened up there? We hear yelling again, followed by a door being slammed shut and footsteps coming down. I stand up and see Chris. Alone. „Hey what happened?" I lead him into the living room and sit him down „She told me nothing. Just yelled at me for being too clingy and worried and that the old Jesy died. Basically the same stuff." „I've had enough now. This can't go on with her like that. I know she has been sad because her mother passed and that's understandable but she can't keep pushing people away and snapping like that. Just because we want the best for her is no reason to snap. I'll go talk to her if she wants or not." I sigh and get up, when Perrie pulls my arm „Do you think that's a good idea?" I sigh as I'm not really sure myself but this can't continue. I get upstairs and hear loud thuds coming from the guest bedroom. I gently knock against the door and the sound stops. A pale Jesy opens the door. As I sneak a look behind her I see books all over the place, a crushed mirror on the floor and a smashed vase. I hug her and surprisingly she hugs me back and walks slowly backwards, without pulling away. „It's okay Jes. It's okay." she pulls away „NOTHING IS OKAY LEIGH ANNE!" I stumble backwards from her sudden outburst „CAN'T YOU SEE I'M BROKEN?" I nod and sigh „If you're gonna tell me the same as Chris then fuck off. Fuck off." „Jes..." „I knew it." she pushes past me and gets out of the room and leaves me stunned in the middle of the room. I'm surrounded by the shards and books. What happened to Jesy? Why is she like this? I fall to my knees and take a few deep breaths as the door opens again. I turn around...