chapter 3

cats POV

"ummm" I started,"okay so I'm suicidal. I attempted twice but sadly failed. my only friend was my mom before she passed. she committed suicide which influenced my suicidal thoughts. my ex best friend was Melanie. she made my old boyfriend, Mark, cheat on me with her. she was the most popular girl in the school and she just used me to get to him. that was part of the reason I lost my trust in people. my dad abuses me all the time. I have permanent bruises from him all over my back. I'm not telling you this for your sympathy, so don't think I am." I look up to see Matt tearing up, "are you alright?"

"yeah yeah I'm fine", he wipes away his tears, "it's just that i would never think a perfect girl like you went through something so horrific. I'm so sorry" he held my hand.

"I told you I don't want your sympathy okay?"

"yes, right"

"oh my god!" I said checking my phone,

"what? what's wrong?" he asked worryingly,

"it's 12 o'clock! I need to get home! my dads gonna kill me! I'm sorry I have to go, I'll talk to you later bye!" I said running out of the pizza place

"bye! text me and be safe!" he yelled back, making me smile as I run out to my car.

I cautiously drove through the icy roads, racing to get home. I got home at 12:07 to see my dad standing by the door with his arms crossed. "dad let me explain, I-" I spoke but got cut off,

"I don't need any explanations, you are home past your curfew"

"I know but it's only by 7 minutes cut me some slack" I said, instantly regretting it.

"don't talk back to me young lady!" my dad said, as his speaking became screaming.

suddenly, a cold palm smashed into my jaw, causing me great pain, "you're grounded for 3 weeks! no exceptions go to your room now!" he screamed as his palm was ready for another hit to my face.

I clutched onto my jaw and ran upstairs to my room. I shut the door and cried and cried, until there were no more tears left.

I decided to text Matt:

me: matt help me

Matt😊💖: what's wrong baby??

me: my dad just slapped me the hardest he ever had

Matt😊💖: I'm coming over. do you want me to show him a lesson?

me: no don't no offence but he can beat up anybody in his way so I suggest you don't come. I'm just scared if he will do it again.

Matt😊💖: poor thing. it will be okay. call or text me to keep me updated, I'm up all hours of the night always ready to talk.

me: okay matt don't worry I will😭

Matt😊💖: okay be careful princess

-end of texts-

I grabbed my torn book and attempted to glue and tape it back together. it took gorilla glue, scotch tape, and Elmer's glue to temporarily hold it together. I flipped to the page where I left off. I started to write

"it's December 4th and it's winter break. for some odd reason we get 3 full weeks off. anyway, I met this new boy. his name is Matthew. he has a gorgeous smile and big brown eyes. his hair is the perfect mix between brown and blonde, and it's gently spiked up just a tad. I think he likes me and I like him. I'm playing hard to get, but probably not for long. also my father just slapped me across the face, since I was 7 minutes late and I talked back to him. I'm sorry for those things, but I can't take his abuse anymore. I'm scared out of my mind. "

an hour went by so I decided to text Matt,

me: just wanna let you know I'm okay, I'm just gonna go to sleep.

Matt😊💖: alright, goodnight beautiful.

-end of texts-

I put my diary back into my draw and went to sleep.