Chapter 31

"Hi Marinette," Kagami growled at her.

"Move out of my way Kagami, I can't be bothered to deal with you right now and the performance is starting," Marinette responded as she attempted to shove past her only to fail.

"Marinette, you won't be leaving tonight as Ladybug. Everyone will know your real name," Kagami screamed before storming off towards the performance ring.

Marinette turned around and tried to push back into the room to be stopped once again but by Adrien this time, "Mari, you have to perform. Show everyone that you are worthy. Everyone from the club is here tonight as we added extra seating okay so go make everyone proud."

For the first time in a while a true smile came onto Marinette's face, "I can do this," she muttered to herself as she confidently strode towards her starting platform.

The lights dimmed and the music started. She had become Ladybug, her true self, and was ready to do this. Her trapeze flew towards her and she leaped off the platform. Everything seemed to go in slow motion until her hands made contact with it and she flew through the air. She continued the trapeze but once her and her partners routine was complete she made her way down to the middle of the ring. She was ready to perform her signature act: the silks. She climbs up the black fabric and began her routine. The audience gasped and cheered as she performed, all her confidence was finally returning to her. She continued to smile widely as she spun. Just as she was about to do her final she saw Adrien stood at the wings, cheering her on. As she dropped Adrien joined her side, preparing for the ending sequence that they did every week when they were interrupted.

Kagami. Kagami and Luka had shut the music off and switched the lights back on. From the sudden light people were almost blinded but as their vision adjusted they saw the two stood in the ring along with Ladybug and Adrien. 

"You guys want to know who Ladybug is, don't you?" Kagami screamed into the crowd and they all cheered in response. 

"Well, we know exactly who lies under the mask of Ladybug," Luka shouted again receiving more cheers in response.

"Don't do this Luka, please," Marinette pleaded only to get thrown to the floor by Kagami. She felt powerless. 

"Underneath the mask lies boring old Marinette Dupain-Cheng," Kagami yelled as she ripped the Ladybug mask off of Marinette's face.

Mari had no will to fight back at this point. She was powerless. She just sat on the floor crying as everyone's eyes burned into her pale skin.

"And if you guys were wondering who the famous Chat Noir is from Club Miraculous, he's stood right here. Adrien Agreste," Luka yelled straight after Kagami. 

The pair stood with eyes drilling holes into their skin, they had just been exposed to everyone and had no idea what to do. They were stuck.

All of a sudden Alya stood up in the crowd, "Well, if they're getting outed so am I. I'm Rena Rouge!"

Straight after her Nino stood up and grabbed her hand, "I'm Carapace!"

Smiles returned to Adrien and Marinette's faces as their friends stood up for them. After them, person after person stood up, revealing themselves and their alter ego's to the world until they felt they had the power back.

Marinette stood back up and pushed passed Luka and Kagami. "I am proud to be Ladybug and I don't care what you two say. Everyone here is proud to be who they are and are worthy of everything," she shouted to the audience and to Kagami and Luka specifically, "Who's powerless now, Kagami?"

Everyone cheered and Kagami ran off of stage dragging Luka with her. Everyone seemed to be so happy and proud of who they were. Everyone in that room deserved so much more than they got and that moment had taught them their worth.

On the way home that night the group of four felt truly happy. They laughed together and had no secrets anymore. They thought all was good.

Adrien and Mari went to her house after the performance and once she was changed she pulled out her phone. A video of what had happened had gone viral and she flicked through the comments.

"Adrien is way too good for that ugly girl."
"SHE'S Ladybug. I though the girl behind the mask would at least be pretty."
"Worse person to be behind the mask, I would've preferred Chloe to be behind the mask more than her."

The further she scrolled the more insulting comments she read. 

"You deserve better than me Adrien."

Authors note: I'm sorry for the extra short chapter guys! - Wrenn <3