EPISODE 6: Lakshman vs Abhimanyu

The prince of Panchala fought with three warriors at the noon- Ashwatthama, Shalya, and Kripa. He pierced Salya with 25, and Kripa with 9 arrows, and Aswatthama with 8 arrows. Drona's son, however, quickly pierced Dhrishtadyumna with many winged arrows, and Shalya pierced him with twelve, and Kripa with three sharp arrows.

Lakshman, the son of Duryodhana challenged Subhadra's son Abhimanyu. Lakshman seemed powerless in front of Abhimanyu. They both shot arrows against each other. Lakshman was feeling weak.

Their fight drew the attention of the warriors of both the side

Their fight drew the attention of the warriors of both the side. Seeing Lakshman about to be defeated, Drona, Bhishma, Shalya, and Kripa came for the support of Lakshmana. Seeing this, Krishna advised that it is necessary to protect Abhimanyu. Arjuna and Bhima proceeded for the protection of Abhimanyu.

Arjuna fiercely fought against all the troops and mighty warriors. The troops of Kauravas trembled. No warrior could shake Dhananjaya. Arjuna created mass destruction for them.

Day 2 of the Great war ended with the victory of Pandavas and the defeat of Kauravas. The victory was mainly due to mighty Bhima who proved his archery skills and Arjuna, who made others tremble.

The Kauravas returned saddened. The mighty Bhishma planned the strategy to set up an array the next day.

The Sun rose. It was the 3rd day of the war. Being defeated in the previous day, Bhishma decided to fight stronger.

He ordered the troops to form Garuda vyuha. Bhishma himself formed the beak of the eagle. Dronacharya and Kritaverma formed their eyes. Kripacharya and Ashwattama constituted its head along with Trigathas (People of the kingdom Trigatha). Shalya, Bhagadatta, Bhurishrava (Grandson of the Elder brother of King Shantanu, Bhalika who is the father of Bhishma), and Jayadratha with their troops formed the neck. Duryodhana and other Kauravas formed its body. Kalingas and Magadhas formed the tail and wings of the bird.

On seeing this battle formation of your soldiers, Savyasachi together with Dhrishtadyumna arranged a counter vyuha for the encounter

On seeing this battle formation of your soldiers, Savyasachi together with Dhrishtadyumna arranged a counter vyuha for the encounter. This vyuha was in the form of a half-moon and this vyuha looked dangerous.

 This vyuha was in the form of a half-moon and this vyuha looked dangerous

The war began with loud roars of the warriors and troops clashing. Dhananjaya slaughtered a large number of charioteers. He started doing mass destruction to the Kaurava army.

Drona possessed a threat to Pandavas. As many times, they try to break the Garuda vyuha, those many times, Drona, the son of Bharadwaja made vyuha regain the original shape.

Bhishma, Drona, Jayadratha, Vikarna, and Shakuni started killing the major warriors of the enemies. Mighty Bhimasena, his son Ghatotkatcha, Upapandavas and brave Abhimanyu attacked the Kauravas.

Wrathful and powerful kings surrounded Dhananjaya and threw spears, arrows, maces, swords, and axes against him. Phalguna with his 100's of golden arrows destroyed them.

Meanwhile, Satyaki and Abhimanyu were attacked by Gandhara warriors. The Gandharas destroyed Satyaki's chariot and he was made to fall. He jumped into Abhi's chariot. They both in a single cart started to slaughter thousands of warriors of Gandharas.