EPISODE 10: Glories of Sri Krishna by Pitamah Bhishma

Duryodhana was weeping due to the loss of his brothers. He went to Grandsire Bhishma.

He asked, "O Pitamah, There are mighty warriors like Drona, Shalya, Kripacharya, Kritaverma, Bhagadatta, and mighty princes of various kingdoms who can kill those Pandavas. But still why we are getting defeated? Why do the Pandavas win each time?

Bhishma smilingly replied, "My dear son, I have many times told you about your side and their side. Pandavas are mightier than you, Duryodhan. You under the effect of arrogance, do not want to see the truth. Pandavas always follow Dharma. While you, always did crimes against them along with your associates (Karna, Shakuni, and Kauravas).

I have already advised you to have peace with Pandavas which good for you and the world. But you never cared for my words. Pandavas are under the guidance of great lord, Vasudeva. This makes them more invincible. Vasudev Krishna is the Supreme Lord who is the wielder of Saranga bow.

Suyodhana said, "O Pitamah, why do you always praise Krishna? Please do talk about his origin and powers".

Bhishma continued, "Dear son, you haven't still realized the powers of Keshava. Don't forget the incident where Madhava came as a peace messenger. Hear about the glories of Krishna".

Vasudev Krishna is the Lord of this Universe. He is the great-souled Purushottam. He is the Pundarikaksha who can be defeated by none. He is the soul of all beings. He is the creator of all living beings. He created the 5 elements: Water, Fire, sky, earth, and Air. He created the Vedas and Devi Saraswati. He created Brahma and Sapta Rishis. He created the immortals and mortals. He is Dharma himself, who protected Yagnaseni Draupadi from the clutches of your evil deeds.

He is the granter of boons. He is the one who satisfies all desires. He is all actions in the world. He created the past, the present, and the future, and everything. He is the master of Yoga Maya, the Goddess of Power.

From his ears, came the demon Madhu. When the demon was about to kill Brahma, the mighty Janardhana killed him. Hence, the delighted Sages and devotees call him Madhusudhana.

He is the boar, Varaha, killer of Hiranyaksh. He is the lion, Narasimha, the killer of Hiranyakasipu. He is the lord of 3 steps, Vamana. 

He is Keshava who killed the horse demon Keshi. He is Govinda, the protector of the living entities. He protects whoever surrenders to him. The great King, known as Dharmraja, knew this and surrendered to Vasudeva.

Madhava is none other than Nara and Narayana themselves. Nara and Narayana can never be vanquished in the war. The opponent is sure to be destroyed. Surrender to him and go for peace. This is for your good."

Hearing the words of Bhishma, Duryodhana was silent. Bhishma left to sleep. While Suyodhana had a peaceless sleep.

HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE

HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE