Truest Form [27]

Jaehyun and Johnny arrived at the quaint coffee shop. the environment was calming and unusually quiet for that time of day.

The aroma of freshly made coffee settled in the air, and a nice bossa nova tune played throughout the various speakers dispersed throughout the ceiling of the charming business.

They caught a comfy seat at a booth. They both ordered some small items off of the menu, not considering what it was since they'd only come to talk. As soon as their waitress left their table was when Jaehyun spoke for the first time since they had arrived.

“Hey, I'm sorry for the way I acted about you and Mark, it's just that I... I don't know if I wanna say this...” Jaehyun avoided making eye contact, Though Johnny had not broken eye contact once. “You know you can tell me, it's alright,” He told Jaehyun with reassurance. Jaehyun paused. He felt emotional at that moment. He started to tear up a bit.

“I got so jealous of you and Mark. You two are so happy, but I'm just cold on the inside... I just want something like you and Mark have, and frankly I always pictured myself with you.” Jaehyun let all of his feelings out in a heap and left himself vulnerable. He wept, with nothing to hold back he let himself feel the truest form of his emotions.

Johnny rested his hand on Jaehyun's shoulder. But couldn't resist hugging him as he witnessed his cathartic release. And for many moments, they stayed like that. Jaehyun cried and then cried more and Johnny held him tightly. Unusually, this was so reassuring for Jaehyun.

“I will always love you Jaehyun. Even if I'm pursuing Mark, you will never mean anything less to me. You are the greatest friend I've ever had, I could never take you for granted or leave you. What we have is irreplaceable.”

A/N: Hi everyone, sorry I've had bad writer's block and I just gained the motivation to write again. Thank you all so much for supporting this during the break, happy new year.