Chapter 2

At least the cake and latte is good. Hayoung thought to herself as she placed the plate down on a table, sipping her drink. She had to admit, the latte was really good and the worker's latte art had impressed her.

"You could at least be happy today." Doyoung said as he approached his sister. Hayoung rolled her eyes.

"I'm already wearing this dress, what more do you want?" Hayoung asked him. Doyoung shrugged.

"Smile, maybe? Actually be geniunely happy for me?" Doyoung suggested. Hayoung scoffed.

"Do you even know me?" Hayoung pointed out. Doyoung rubbed his temples before looking down at the mug in her hands.

"I see that you remember Jungwoo." Doyoung said. Hayoung gave him a confused look.

"Who in the world is Jungwoo?" Hayoung asked him. Doyoung rolled his eyes before motioning to her mug.

"The barista. You know, the one that made you the your drink. Not to mention you two went to high school together. Did you even ask for his name?" Doyoung asked her. Hayoung shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't really care about his name." Hayoung responded but then froze as his words were registered through her head. "Wait high school?"

"Yes, he was in your year." Doyoung told her. Hayoung tried to match his face to her peers but nothing came to her head.

"He had big glasses, always was in perfect uniform, short black hair." Oh, that annoying nerd. Hayoung scoffed at the thought. Jungwoo was the annoying class president that always nagged at her to get in uniform and to hand in her homework. She hated him for constantly annoying her.

"Whatever." Hayoung mumbled as Doyoung narrowed his eyes at her.

"Did you even say please or thank you." Hayoung froze as the realization hit her. Doyoung let out a deep sigh.

"Jungwoo is one of my closest friends, the least you could do is be nice." Doyoung said to her. Hayoung tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Sorry, it's a bad habit of mine." Hayoung mumbled. Doyoung's eyes suddenly widened and she turned around to see her parents beckoning at both of them.

"Mom and dad are calling, we should go." Doyoung said. Hayoung mumbled a curse under her breath before following her brother. Her parents smiled as their two children joined them. Hayoung noticed that they were chatting with another family.

"Children, these are the Nakamotos, our good friends. Their modelling agency is based in Japan and we met them on a business trip. Their son has just moved to Neo City to begin working here." Mr. Kim said. Hayoung's eyes narrowed at the young male standing between the two other adults. She had recognized him from the cover of various magazines. Their modelling agency was well known around the world. He stuck out his hand to the two siblings.

"Hello, my name is Yuta." Yuta said, shaking Doyoung's hand.

"I'm Doyoung." Doyoung responded with a bright smile. Yuta turned towards Hayoung.

Hayoung hesitated before taking his hand. "Hayoung." Yuta nodded his head, taking in their names before standing back with his parents.

"Thank you for inviting us and congratulations on the opening of the café. I'm afraid we'll have to leave early and run some errands, but we'll see you later tonight." Mr. Nakamoto said to the Kims. Doyoung gave him a small bow in return.

"Thank you for coming." Doyoung replied back. The Nakamotos waved to them before walking out the doors. As soon as the doors closed, Hayoung turned to her parents.