One

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Are you sure you want to do this honey?" My mother asks for the millionth time.

"Yes" I stopped packing and look at her. "I know this is hard for both of us, and that we won't see each other everyday now, but I want this" I tell her

"Why move across the world? You can stay here and live your life!" She tries to convince me.

"Please" I beg "you know I will leave eventually, and that day is coming soon" I look at her eyes that are covered with tears. "You have Mason, Jenny and dad. I'll always keep contact with you"

"Yes, I know. But you're too young, turning 18 in a month. Can you wait one more year?"

"For some reason I can't. I don't want to leave but I want to leave."

"Why?" She asks. "Because of Luke?"

"What?! No!"

"Is it because you'll miss all of them too much to let them go?"

"Maybe. I don't know. It's hard." I respond.

"I hope this decision is for the best" she smiles and hugs me.

"I hope so too" I hug her back. "But let's not be sad, we still have a couple more weeks"

"Look at us, we are crying three weeks before I leave." we both start to laugh

"Us?" I ask "you mom, you" I tell her.

She laughs and hugs me tighter. "I won't have anymore tears in three weeks" she says.

"Drink water" I laugh

"Hahaha, I'll miss your dumb jokes"

"DAD! Mom is crying again" Mason walks into my room.

"Get out!" I throw the first thing I can get. A pillow.

"Whatever, anyways your uh, lame friend is here" he leaves the room.

I walk after him and walk down stairs.

"Oh" I say when I see Jackie "hey" I haven't talked to her for a while.

"I, I uh." She looks around. "I know I've been a total bitch with you lately and I'm very sorry. I also wanted to invite you to my 18th birthday party in two weeks. I would really want you to come" she hands me an invitation.

"Thanks. And it's fine"

"I just been very stressed about my parents divorce and you moving and the birthday party, that I let my actions take over"

"I understand and I hope everything goes well with everything" I hug her.

"Thanks, I hope so too" she smiles.

We say goodbye and she leaves.

I open the invitation and read it.

-

I walk to the Brooks house and knock on the door. I wait for one of them to open the door.

"Oh.. It's you" Beau said disappointingly.

"Well, good to see you too Beau" I said sarcastically.

"I'm joking, Luke isn't here though" he said.

"I know, he's getting food. But I'm here for Jai" I smile at him

"Luke must be really good, you also want to try the other twin" he laughs at his own joke.

"You're very funny! You know that right? Very funny." I roll my eyes and walk in. "JAI!" I yell out

"COMING" I heard him yell from upstairs. About two minutes later he comes running down stairs. "Ready!" He starts walking towards the door.