Thirteen

A week later.

Gina has tried to change my mind. I've been going out with Melanie everyday for lunch. I've been seeing Jake again.

Luke and I still talk and act the same but I only have eyes for him as a friend.

As much as I don't want that, I'll make sure that's the only way I think of him.

"Are we going to England?" Luke asks.

"If you want" I said looking at my phone.

"Who are you texting?"

"Jake, he wants to meet up today"

"Just the two of you?" He asked.

"Yeah." I answered.

"But afterwards if you want we can go chill at the mall or something friends do" I said. "I'll be back in about two or so hours" I tell him and walk out.

L U K E

I fucked up?

No I didn't. it's better that way. She should see whoever she wants. But why am I jealous?

I watched her back out the parking space.

"You should ask her out before it's too late" my mom says.

"Fuck! I'm tired of you saying that. I don't like her and that's that." O say annoyed.

"You're going to regret it. She loves you a lot Luke. You think that you'll hurt her, but you're already hurting her. She is thinking of not going back to California because she doesn't want to see you happy with, Kim. You know she did her best to get your fucking attention and you did not get the hint she wants you to be hers."

"She's normal. She hasn't done anything to get my attention. I would've noticed"

"You're an idiot"

"Okay since you know her so much what has she done that I haven't noticed?" I rolled my eyes.

"You'll have to find out by yourself. Since you don't like her why do you care?"

I didn't say anything. I just walked out of the house and sat at the porch.

The front door opened. I looked up at my mom standing next to me.

"I'm afraid"

"Of what?"

"She'll find someone else. That if I go out with her, she'll find someone who is better and then leave me"

"She would never, she only has eyes for you"

"Not anymore" I tell her.

"She's doing that only to get you off of her mind" She tells me.

"I'll let her do her life. I don't want to be the one who ruins her life"

"You're a fucking idiot"

I sat outside for about an hour. I went for a walk for the other. Al was back. She had a smile on her face. I smiled at how happy she looks.

"LUKE!" She ran to me jumping. "GUESS WHAT?!"

"I don't know"

"My mom found the most amazing place for me to live in California. I'M SO HAPPY I GOT MY OWN PLACE NOW!" She jumped up in down like a five year old kid.

"Really? Where?"

"I don't know how far it's from your place but it's an amazing apartment, they say it's an apartment but it has two floors, so I don't know what to call it"