Twelve

I woke up around 9. I look over to my right and see Luke on his phone. I smile to myself.

"Good morning sleeping beauty" He looked over at me and smiled.

"Good morning my prince" I giggled.

"Does your prince get a morning kiss?" He asked.

"That depends"

"I'm taking that as a yes" he gets up and walks to my recliner.

I cover myself with the blanket. He tries to take the blanket off of me but I hold on tight to it. He starts tickling me so I end up letting go of the blanket and holding my stomach.

"Okay! Stop! Hahaha" I try staying through my laughs.

He leans in and kisses me. When he pulls back he looks into my eyes. "why are you so perfect!" He pecks my lips. "You're beautiful! Don't let anyone say otherwise"

I started to blush and giggle. "okay"

"Let's go out for the day, the beach?"

"I don't have a bathing suit"

"Yes you do, you have like ten of them in your closet."

"They don't fix anymore. My size went down" I bite my lip in nervousness.

"Oh yeah! I been meaning to ask you, Why do you only eat healthy now? That's not the Al I know"
I smiled because he called me Al again.

"I can't eat greasy food because it turns out in me throwing up" I tell him.

"So that's why you threw up the other day?"

"Yeah, James wouldn't leave if I didn't eat"

"When did this start?"

"It started when I was here but when I got there it got bad because I couldn't eat anything, I mean I can eat things that have grease but not that much, so I just stay with the salads, plus I need to lose some weight if I want to get myself a guy" I half smile.

"You're perfect the way you are, whoever you end up with is a lucky guy"

I gave him a half smile. "yeah, hopefully"

He started folding his blanket.

"Can I ask you a question?" I say to him.

"Yeah go ahead" he says.

I think for a while. "just a question okay, so don't get mad" I look over at him and then back to the screen.

"I won't"

"Am I not good enough for you?" I regret it the second it left my mouth.

"Don't say that, I just don't want us to end like those other people"

"But we aren't those other people" I look at him.

He didn't say anything just continued folding his blanket.

"Your heart belongs to her right?" I smile at him.

"No. It belongs to you. I just don't want this to end like John and Emily"

John and Emily are close friends with our family, they were best friends and they dated for many years but they broke up and now they can't even see each other without beating each other.

"Oh" I say.

"Listen, as much as I want to be with you I can't lose you. You're important to me, to all of us"

Those are just excuses, I can tell when he's lying and he just completely lied to my face.

"Sorry for asking" I got up and folded my blanket. As I was about to walk out he stopped me.