Ultimate Champion

"I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion."

-Mia Hamm

        Evie's eyes fluttered open to a sliver of light shining through the curtains of her and Spencer's room. She was used to it now. She was used to referring to this place as her home. She was used to calling Spencer her Spencer. This was her life now, and she wouldn't rather have it any other way. All that time spending alone, abandoned, and feeling worthless had paid off in the end. She was glad she'd gotten this far. Everything really did work itself out. 

        Suddenly, last night came back to Evie. The fact that she didn't have one trace of clothes on was a pretty good reminder as well. She shivered and pulled the blanket over her shoulder, accidentally bumping Spencer's arm in the process. Evie turned to see him sprawled out under the covers, obviously completely naked as well. His hair was a beautiful mess, covering one of his eyes. His mouth was just slightly agape, his heavy breathing just barely able to be heard. Reid's chest rose and fell with each breath. One arm was draped across his chest as he slept, and Evie had to hold back from squealing like a little girl. She didn't think there was any possible thing that could look cuter. 

        Evie shifted her weight so that she was lying on her side to face Spencer. She moved her body closer to his and reached forward to gently touch his forehead. She moved his hair from his eye so she could watch his eyelashes barely flutter in his sleep. She was close enough to feel his breath on her collarbone. She savored the feeling. 

        "I love you, Spence." she whispered, knowing he couldn't hear, but she didn't care. She just needed to say it. His eyes fluttered open, his chocolate brown orbs staring at her for a second before he squeezed his eyes shut and stretched out while yawning. Evie smiled while watching him shake the hair out of his face so he could sleepily look at her. 

        "Hi." he whispered, giving her a small innocent smile. Evie traced the muscles on his stomach with her fingertips, leaving a trail of goosebumps behind on his skin. 

        "Hi." she responded, smiling back. Spencer glanced down at the sheets covering his body at then up and down at Evie. 

        "We're not wearing clothes." he plainly stated, obviously not fully awake yet. Evie laughed and leaned forward to kiss his nose. 

        "Good observation." 

        Spencer smiled dopily, a smile Evie had come to love to see every morning that he was overcome with fatigue and wasn't fully awake. He took her hand in his and held it under his chin so he could nuzzle it. 

        "Last night was... was..." 

        "Amazing?" she suggested, watching how interested he was in her hand. 

        "More than amazing." he said, smiling at her. "And I love you too, by the way." he added. Evie chuckled. She hadn't thought he had heard her, but Spencer still surprised her. For one night they had forgotten about the threat of a killing stalker. They had each other, so they were happy. Unfortunately, that pure happiness and worry free period of time was short lived. 

        In not even a week later, a new picture showed up. This time it was of a short but built man. He had the same burns, cuts, and bruises as the others, but the aggression seemed to have increased. Either that particular victim lasted longer or the unsub was growing angrier. 

        "What if he gets us before we get him." Evie whispered one afternoon in the round table room. The team was looking up at the screen where Garcia was presenting some new information she may have gotten on the unsub. They think they had a location from where the pictures were being sent. The team was going to try to add more to the profile before heading out.