Chapter 3

Hello everybody. I don't even know why I do these anymore. I  have nothing to say. So on to the disclaimer!

DISCLAIMER: I ONLY OWN THE PLOT!!!

PERCY

           "HAZEL! FRANK!" I yell in delight as I see them come through the magical border. "You're here!"

           Hazel and Frank look up at me, before running down the hill and tackling me in a hug. "You idiot! Why didn't you IM us for the past month?"

           I choke under them. "Guys... can't... breathe."

           Frank gets off of me and lifts Hazel up as well. "We missed you so much! We haven't seen you in forever. Reyna is here too, and boy, is she mad. You are in for it when you see her."

           I gulp and curse (in Greek, of course) under my breath. Then I hear a yell across the camp. "PERSEUS JACKSON! I SWEAR TO ALL OF THE GODS THAT IF YOU EVER JUST ABANDON CAMP JUPITER LIKE THAT AGAIN, I WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD ON TOP OF THE LEGION'S STANDARD INSTEAD OF THE EAGLE! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?"

           Reyna comes barreling down the hill. She stops right in front of me and glowers at my terrified face. Then there's a stinging pain in my cheek. I whip around to see that there's no one there. "Annabeth!"

           She appears, holding her Yankees cap in her hands. "Yes, Seaweed Brain?"

           "Why'd you slap me?" I pout, giving her my baby seal face. She only laughs. I scowl. My baby seal face works on everyone else, why not her? My girlfriend? The one I love most in the world? I reach my hand towards my pocket for the ring. I'm gonna propose to her today. In front of all the demigods of the camps in America. That'll show everyone how much I love her.

           My face goes blank. "Schist," I whisper softly. I forgot the ring at home. The most important day of my life, and I FORGOT THE RING!

           I turn towards my friends. "Um, guys?" They don't answer, still chatting away. "Guys?" Still nothing. "GUYS!" They all turn towards me. "I forgot something at home. I'm just gonna vapor back and get it, so don't wait up. I shouldn't be long."

           "Okay!" "See yah, Perce!" "You'd better be back by the time all the Romans are here, Seaweed Brain."

           I chuckle at the last one, wave, then vapor travel to my apartment. I open the door, and stifle a scream.

           "MOM! PAUL!" My parents are lying on the ground, blood pouring from their stomachs. I rush towards them, trying to staunch the bleeding. "No, no you can't die."

           "Percy..." my mom gurgles. "Percy, we're going to die, you can't stop it."

            I sob, tears running down my face. She can't die, not my mother. She was there for me when I needed her, she's my only normal family. She CAN'T DIE!

           "Percy, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm leaving you like this. Here, take this." She reaches into the pocket of her old blue jean and pulls out something that looks like a marble. On a closer look, I see that it has little gems inlaid in it.

           I turn my attention back to my mother. "You are not going to die. You are not allowed to die. I am going back to camp and getting someone from the Apollo cabin who is going to heal you. If that doesn't work, I am going to Apollo himself to fix you. If you die, I will go to Hades to get you back!" My voice rises to a yell at the end.