Chapter 14

DISCLAIMER: I NO OWN!!!!

SOPHIE

Once we're all done telling about our... adventures, I hail Bronte. I can tell that Percy still harbors feelings of resentment towards him, but he controls himself. When Bronte shimmers in, Percy's eyes narrow, and he deliberately turns away.

Bronte is standing under the Panakes, and he sighs. "Sophie, the Council can't fit you into their schedule until Monday."

"But that's three days away!"

Percy rolls his eyes. "People with power never have time for you."

"That's not tru-"

Percy gives a sharp, incredulous laugh. "Sure it isn't! It's not like what we need you guys to do is essential to the survival of your entire species! No, there's always something more important for you to do."

Bronte tries to intercede, but Percy raises a hand. "It's fine. We don't want to hear it. You're one vote of twelve, and we're used to people ignoring us. Just leave." His eyes flash dangerously, fully revealing what will happen if he doesn't listen.

Bronte opens his mouth, disgruntled. I transmit to him, 'Just leave. He's not going to let you alone, and I'll catch you up later.'

He gives a small nod, then lifts his crystal to the light and disappears. Marella looks incredulous. "Did you just intimidate a Councillor into leaving us alone?"

Percy gives a small, disturbing smile. "I have that effect on people sometimes."

Marella, unnerved, shivers. I clear my throat. "Since we have time, we should work on something we need to do."

"But what do we need to do?"

Dex's question hangs in the air, waiting to be answered.

"We... actually don't have anything to do," Biana says slowly. "This plan solves everything."

Keefe grins mischievously. "Dex and Percy, let us convene at the bottom of a lake, where we may plan some marvelous pranks in solitude." He extends his arm towards Percy, who then reaches out for Dex. Percy winks as they dissolve into mist.

Fitz groans. "We are all going to die. This'll be fuuuuun."

Tam scowls. "Keefe is going to be so much more insufferable now."

I shake my head. "No, Percy is a good influence on him. He's not as self-sacrificing anymore."

Wylie snorts. "That's only because Percy is the most selfless person you'll ever meet, and he won't let anything happen to anyone he cares about."

Maruca frowns. "How do you know?"

He sighs. "Percy has been talking with me recently, because we're the same age. He thinks that I'm more likely to understand what he's been through, and honestly, I agree." When I raise an eyebrow at him, slightly offended, he continues. "Age brings a certain experience and understanding of others of the same age with it. I'm not downplaying your achievements, but it's true."

I nod and drop the subject. Just then, Percy, Dex, and Keefe poof into existence. "I just realized you've never met Nico, Will, Reyna, and Kaylie! You'd love them. I'm calling them over."

He slices his hand through the air, leaving a trail of mist behind it. He throws a golden coin through it and says, "Hey, Fleecy, do me a solid. Show me Nico DiAngelo, wherever he is."

The mist shimmers in mid-air, and a face appears in the water. "HEY, NICO!" Percy yells.

Nico double-takes. "Perce? Is that you?"