Chapter 18

I own nothing!  This is the last chapter.

SOPHIE

The next morning, Percy is actually out of his bed. He's smiling slightly at the edge of the lake, tilting his head and chuckling every once in a while. He's probably talking to the fish. I wonder what made him leave the infirmary?

I sit down next to him, and he smirks. A wave splashes over me, and I sputter. "Percy! What was that for?"

He just laughs. First time I've heard that in about a week. I missed it, the clear sound of joy, not completely happy, but happy enough.

I smile, unable to stop myself. "What got you out of bed?"

He grins. "Heard your conversation last night. When are they coming?"

"Percy! That was supposed to be a surprise." He shoots me an annoyed look. I groan. "We I.M-ed them. They're coming tomorrow."

His face breaks into a huge smile and he falls backwards into the water. "Perfect. Just what I need. Some time with my old friends."

And there he is. Percy is back in business, folks.

TIME SKIP

The shadows collect and spit out four people. Percy somehow senses it, because immediately he's out of the lake, and starting a group hug. I hang back, not wanting to intrude, but he pulls me and the other elves in. Somewhere in the middle, Nico grumbles, "Percyyyy. I don't like this."

Percy laughs. "Suck it up, Ghost King." He squeezes him tighter. Nico harrumphs.

When we all finally untangle ourselves from each other, we're all laughing our heads off. There's something hilarious about being with friends, even if nothing remotely funny is happening.

Kaylie has paired up with Linh again, squealing in delight as she uses her hydrokinesis. Tam and Nico are standing in the shadows, whispering to each other and snickering occasionally. Will, Marella, and Wylie are competing to make the brightest light, but Will keeps healing everything around him. Biana is flickering in and out of sight, disappearing and reappearing in random groups. Marella is laughing, trying to catch her with a forcefield. Stina, Keefe, Percy, and Dex are all talking under the Panakes tree. Fitz and I are watching everyone else.

Everyone seems so carefree. There's no one we need to defeat anymore. Of course, there are still problems but nothing too drastic or world-changing. Everything is better now.

Percy makes his way over to Nico, Keefe and Dex trailing behind him. He leans down to whisper in his ear, and Nico grimaces. He whispers back, looking slightly frantic. Percy droops. Nico sighs, looking sympathetic. Then he has an idea. He yanks on Percy's arm, dragging him back under the Panakes. Percy yells back at Dex and Keefe not to follow, then leans in to listen to Nico.

ANNABETH

Elysium is utterly perfect. The buildings are all extremely well built, and pretty much everyone I know is here. I've already reconnected with Luke, and Silena, and Beckendorf. The campers have taken over the entire Underworld, and no one can stop the Stoll brothers when they team up with Leo and those red-headed twins. The only thing missing is Percy.

Percy. Gods, I miss him so much. I know he misses me too. I am keeping an eye on him, or that Seaweed Brain would tear down the world.

When I hear a summoning from someone in the world of the living, I don't answer it right away. I'm working on this design for a temple to Bob and Damsen that I could put in the middle of one of the Elysian temple hills. It has beautiful arches and columns, and even a statue of Small Bob. But then the call gets more insistent. 'I summon you, Annabeth Chase!'