4- for you

"I like you.. say it back?"
-cavetown

When I woke up on Monday morning, nothing seemed out of the ordinary at first. I went to the bathroom and showered. I put on a bath robe and walked to the kitchen for breakfast, and I was surprised to see my mom inside making breakfast. Usually, she's already gone for work by the time I wake up.

"Hey honey," she said as she flipped a pancake, "I don't have to get to work until a little later today. I can give you and Ponyboy a ride to school on my way. Just let him know to meet you outside a little later."

Well, that's nice. Ponyboy and I usually walk, but since we were driving I would have some extra time this morning. I decided I'll take a little longer to get ready and maybe look somewhat nicer.

"Can I just call him? It'll be really quick!"

She shook her head. "No, honey. You know we have to pay for minutes."

"But it's only, like, a 30 second phone call!" I protested.

"The times add up. Just go over there really fast. Then we can eat."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, fine."

I opened the door and immediately was met by the cold wind blowing right in my face. My wet hair felt even colder on my neck in the air, and the water seemed to have frozen as it dripped down my neck. I wrapped my robe tightly and closer to my body. Maybe I should've gotten dressed already. Too late.

I opened the door to the Curtis'. "Ponyboy!" I called out.

He appeared at the door, a bagel in one hand and a butter knife with cream cheese on in the other. "Hey what's up?" He said as he spread the cream cheese all over his bagel.

"My mom doesn't have to go to work until later, so she can give us a ride to school today."

He grinned. "Nice."

Darry walked by the door, but backpedaled when he saw me. "Jesus, Kaylee. What are you doing outside in that, it's freezing! You're gonna get sick, stupid!"

I rolled my eyes. So overprotective.

"I was just leaving. So, meet me outside at 8, cool?" I said to Ponyboy.

"Yup," he had shoved a huge piece of bagel in his mouth and saw me cringe at the sight of his chewed up food. "Sorry!"

I rolled my eyes. "See you in an hour."

I walked back to my house and ate breakfast with my mom; pancakes and bacon.

Afterward, I went back into the bathroom. I decided to blow dry my hair for once.

Naturally, my hair is pretty straight, but it has some random waves throughout and it gets really poofy when I brush it. On a typical morning, I'd just brush it in the shower, dry it with a towel, and call it a day. I'd go to school with my hair mostly damp and frizzy.

After blow drying it, my hair looked shiny and straight. I still had lots of time, so I decided to curl it. May as well try and look pretty for once, right?

After I curled my hair, I tied back the front pieces in a sort of half up half down.

I did a little make up, concealer, powder, blush, and mascara. I never really wore that much makeup because it just wastes time in the morning that I could use for sleeping.

Then I went and got dressed; black leggings, and a white hoodie with a jean jacket over top. I threw on my white high top converse, and by the time I was ready, it was practically 8 and my mom was yelling at me to get in the car.