7- another one of those days

"I guess it's just another one of those days... where I'm missing everything."
-cavetown

Tuesday morning, I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring. I snoozed it twice. I wanted to stay home, stay in bed, have one of those days. You know.

But of course I couldn't. I needed to just deal with it.

I got up and threw on a pair of sweats and a hoodie. Not really an acceptable outfit to wear out for a greaser or a soc, but hey, feel like shit? May as well look it too. I raked my brush through my long hair and tied it into a low ponytail with some strands left out. I brushed my teeth and by that point, it was time to leave.

I didn't expect Ponyboy to wait for me like normal, because of our fight yesterday. So I was shocked to see him standing in his usual spot when I walked outside.

I walked over to him and he immediately grabbed me and pulled me in to a hug. "I'm really sorry."

I pushed him off. "No, I'm sorry. I was being such a bitch. You were just trying to see the good in them which I was refusing to."

He nodded. "But I should've been more considerate of your feelings."

I smiled. "I'm glad we're not fighting anymore."

He laughed. "I don't think we've ever stayed mad at each other longer than two days."

We walked the rest of the way to school in comfortable silence. It was a quick walk, less than half a mile, which is nice because of how cold it is.

When we arrived, we were actually fairly early, despite my snoozing if the alarms. We walked over to my locker first where I put my bag away and grabbed the books I needed, then we made our way to Ponyboy's. Cherry's locker is pretty close to his, and when we went over she was there waiting for us... with Randy by her side. Oh god.

Cherry gave me a soft smile. I knew she knew what had happened last night. Her and Randy were pretty close, he must've told her.

"Hey," Randy said to me when we finally reached them. "Can I talk to you?"

I nodded and he pulled me aside. "I meant to talk to you before. Before I even knew about our parents. I talked to Ponyboy but you weren't there... Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry. About, you know, that day my friends were jumping you guys."

"It was more than that," I said coldly.

He sighed. "I know. I should've done something, instead of just standing there like an idiot. They jump people all the time and I don't agree with it, I always try to not get involved but then Bob would-"

I cut him off. "I don't think you get it, Randy. He touched me. And you let him."

He stared at the floor. "Bob... I'd never seen him do anything like that. That's why u felt especially bad after they got you guys, because usually when he picks fights with greasers I can talk him out of seriously hurting them. But I didn't get that chance to because once I saw what he was doing.... I don't know, I just froze.

And that was the last straw, by the way. I cut off Bob and everyone else. I've been flying solo lately, cause I just don't want to be associated with those jerks anymore. I'm really sorry."

I breathed. "It's okay. I forgive you."

He looked up at me and smiled, a look of shock on his face. "Really?"

I shrugged. "Yeah. And I mean, I guess I have to... we might be spending a lot more time together."

He chuckled. "Yeah, guess so. I like your mom, she's nice. And great for my dad. I've never seen him so happy."