5.

Mitch

"We good now, bro?" The homie, Pablo asked as I drove, holding my phone to my ear.

"Yeah, it's done." I removed the mask from my face, throwing it into the passenger seat.

"Don't ever let no bullshit like that happen again, man." I spat to him as he began to ramble on about it but I ended up hanging up the phone.

I didn't want to hear what he could've done or should've done. I'd already lost too much money to be playing games with these niggas.

Sighing deeply, I sped home, trying to get that off of my mind and back to Zuri before she woke up and realized I was gone. Lord knows I didn't need that attitude plus the shit I was already going through with the shop and Porsha's crazy ass.

Feeling my phone buzz in my lap, I looked down at it and saw that it was Z calling.

"Shit." I stressed before answering the phone and putting it to my ear.

"What's up, baby?"

"Where are you, Mitch?" She asked in a fed up tone, I could already hear the attitude in her voice.

"I'm on my way home to you right now. Five minutes away." I assured her.

"I just had to handle some business down at the barbershop real quick and I ain't want to wake you, ma." I explained to her, hoping she would understand.

"Okay.." She trailed off, relunctantly.

"Well just hurry." She told me and I couldn't help but to smile.

"You miss your man?" I flirted as flashbacks from last night blurred my mind.

"No." She sassed, making me smack my lips.

"Yeah aight." I smirked as she laughed lightly.

"Just please hurry up and get here, Mitch." She went onto say and I nodded.

"Aight. I'll see you in a minute."

"I love you." I told her and the line went silent. As usual.

"Okay, see you when you get here." The call ended while I bit my lip, throwing my phone into the cup holder.

Damn, I fucked up. I couldn't help to think to myself. Something I did every moment of the day.

It was everyday I had to live with these demons of my past, knowing I broke her heart and she would probably never love a nigga again. No matter what I did.

She claimed she forgave me but it's been six years and I can't remember the last time she told me she loved me.

I knew she'd probably never really forgive me and she'd never be okay with this shit, no matter how much she loved Marley. I just had to make it my duty to do all that I could for her to stay because I couldn't lose her. She was my heart.

Breaking me away from my thoughts, my phone buzzed again in the cup holder and I saw that it was Porsha calling. Scoffing, I grabbed my phone and answered anyway since I figured it was about Marley.

"Yo." I relunctantly answered.

"Daddy." Marley's voice came through the phone, instantly changing my whole mood.

"What's up, babygirl? You good?" The tone in my voice changed.

"No, I miss you." She went onto say and I could hear that she was pouting.

"I know. Daddy miss you too." I sighed deeply, thinking about my baby and the face she was probably making right now.

I just wanted to get her out of there, I wanted her to live with me so bad.