47.

Zuria

"Are you serious?" I snapped as Mitch and this random bitch stood in my face as if they'd just seen a ghost.

"Are you fucking serious, Mitch?" I asked, feeling tears brewing in my eyelids as they both looked at each other and he grabbed her hand.

"Go to the car, ma." He told her, breaking my heart into pieces as I stood there, trying my hardest to understand.

"Ma?!" I spat as the girl smile small.

"Alright." She said simply, looking from him to me before she walked off.

"Mitch, I will fucking kill-"

"Zuria." He cut me off, looking down at me.

"Get the fuck in my office, bro." He made his way back into his office and I quickly followed as the security guards simply stood there as if they weren't just harassing me.

"So this is what you do? Because I decided to do what I felt was right. You get another girl right in front of my face?" I asked as he sat down at his desk, pulling out a wrap and slowly began to roll a blunt.

"Huh?!" I asked, just wanting a reason. I needed to know why he was doing this and I needed to know now.

"Who is that bitch?!" I yelled as my heart ached.

I couldn't believe this was all happening. All I wanted for us was to be happy. Was that so much to ask for?

"She.." He trailed off.

"Look, that ain't my girl." Was all he said, easing my mind a bit as I took a seat, looking at him.

"Then who is she?" I asked, thinking I was overreacting before he responded.

"We're working on something. She ain't my girl right now but I do fuck with her." He shrugged carelessly as if he wasn't breaking me right now.

"Oh yeah?" I stood up to my feet again.

"You're working on something?" I asked, feeling myself about to lose it.

"How the fuck do you know that bitch?!" I snapped.

"We been together ten years, Mitch. How the fuck are you working on something with someone within just two weeks?"

"What? So you were looking this whole time while I was trying my hardest to make us work?"

"Ain't take me long to find her." He spoke as if he didn't care while I stood here, just trying to understand.

Here I was still trying to make this work and he was working I n something else with someone else.

"When I was with you, I was with you. No matter what." He spoke sternly, looking up at me.

"And you know that, ma."

"But it's been two weeks and I already told you if you did that lame ass shit bro.." He trailed off, sighing.

"Then I was gon' leave you and that's what the fuck I'm doing."

"I'm leavin' you because you selfish, bro. Real shit."

"So after ten fucking years you want to throw all that we have away, all that we're working for, you want it to go down the drain because you're upset about babies that I didn't want to have?" I asked, watching as he sat there with the meanest mug on his face.

"Yeah, that's exactly what the fuck I'm doin' shawty."

"Because just like you had to right to abort my fuckin' baby for a second time. I got the right to leave you for that shit." He spat and I nodded slowly as tears fell rapidly from my face.

I was crushed in this moment, I couldn't even believe any of this. It didn't even seem real to me right now.

Another girl? Really? We'd never been this deep in to our problems to involve other people in the mist of it.

"So you're going to leave me for someone else? After ten years? After every thing we've been through?" I expressed, my voice cracking in the mist of it and I watched as he lit his blunt, putting it to his lips before he began to fill the room with smoke.

"After everything I've done for you. After devoting damn near my entire life to you, Mitch." I bawled not even able to hold it anymore.

I was hurt.

"Nah. This what you wanted, ma. I'm just givin' it to you." He shrugged and I couldn't believe he was being so nonchalant with me right now.

But this was that other side of him. When he was done with something, he was done with it and I couldn't believe it was actually happening with me right now.

"Mitch, I-" I started but stopped as more tears began to pour down my face.

"I don't want to be without you. We were doing so good before any of this and you know it."

"I just wasn't ready for any babies right now. You know that." I expressed to you and he nodded slowly, showing on his face that he obviously didn't care.

"I ain't sayin' I don't understand how you feel." He shrugged before scoffing.

"I just don't agree with that shit, shawty. That's why I'm steppin' away from you and that relationship."

"Shit ain't worth it nomore."

"I love you to the death of me but that shit just ain't worth it and it ain't never gon' be after this shit." He repeated, shaking his head.

"Babe, it is worth it." I practically begged.

"I really don't want us to break up because of this. Please." I went on as tears poured down my face.

I didn't want him to leave. We could make it work.

"Please." I said again as he blew smoke into the air form his nose and I could see that he wasn't convinced.

"Nah, Zuria." He shook his head, obviously not caring about anything I was saying.

"This shit over. What we had is over and I ain't gon' back to that shit ever again. You aborted two of my kids when you knew all I wanted from you was one."

"That's all I asked of you ma but you ain't even have enough faith in me to go through with it and honestly, that's all I really needed to see."

"So I don't want shit to do with you nomore shawty and that's just what it is.." He trailed off and I nodded slowly as I looked at him in disgust.

He was breaking me down. More than any else in the world, this was breaking me down.

"Gon' head and get back to work though." He sent me off as I stood, trying my hardest not to go off on him and slap the fuck out of him for everything he'd done to me.

But I knew he was still my boss and I knew I still needed this job.

"You know what, fine." I'd allowed him to do me like this for the last time.

"Bye, Mitch." Was all I said as I swallowed the lump in my throat, walking out of the room with tears in my eyes.

"See you around, ma."

*