33.

Zuria
1am

"Man, you be playing." Jay spoke loudly to Retta as her and what seemed to be all of his guy friends sat in the living room busting it up.

I could hear them all the way from my room and I was trying my hardest not to say anything since this was still Retta's house. Plus I figured I would probably just be taking my anger out on the wrong people anyway.

I was mad as hell and trying my hardest to stay calm.

Flipping my phone over, Mitch texted me over and over again now since I'd sent him a very long message, cursing him out once I left work.

Me: 12:30am
You really are a liar and you wonder why we're in the space we're in now. All I ever do is try and give my all to you and every time I fall flat on my face with your dumb ass. I should've known you wasn't shit when you cheated on me the first time. Now whoever the bitch is, make sure you let her know when I see you and her ima smack the shit out of the both y'all dumb asses. Weird ass, bitch ass nigga, don't ever talk to me again!

Him: 1:00am

Keep that same energy when I pull up, bro.

Him: 1:00am

Ain't no bitch. I was just busy and I told you that shit before I left the crib this morning.

Him: 1:01am

Man, I be there in 5 minutes. Talk that same shit when I see you.

Rolling my eyes, I threw my phone down onto the bed as I stood to my feet and got undressed. All I wanted to do was shower and get in the bed, I was too tired now to care about any of this bullshit anymore.

It was like now that I'd cursed him out, he wanted to be all invested. When he could've just responded and eased my mind to prevent all of this.

Scoffing to myself, I got undressed and tightly wrapped a towel around my body. Once I did, I grabbed clothes to put on once I'd gotten out of the shower. Afterwards, I walked out of my room and made my way toward the bathroom.

"What's up, Z?"

"Yo, what's good, Z?" Multiple people called out and I simply waved, just trying to dodge all of them.

I wasn't in the mood.

Getting to bathroom, I closed and locked the door behind me before I walked over to the mirror and looked at myself. You could see all in my face that I was drained from my long shift but it was worth it especially since I finally got paid tomorrow.

Dropping my towel, I looked over my body in the mirror before I turned on the water and waited for it to get hot and steamy like I liked it. As I waited, I couldn't help but to think about Mitch.

I'd really missed him all day and I hadn't had the chance to talk to him at all which is what had me on edge in the first place. I just wanted to be sure that he was okay and make sure he was having a good day. Not really too much suspicious shit until he read my message and didn't respond.

Now I just wanted to know what was so important at 12am that he could read my message but not respond to it.

Trying my hardest to remove those thoughts from my brain, I felt my water, making sure that it was perfect before I stepped in. I stood there for a while continuing to overthink before I caught myself, got myself together and began to wash.

It didn't take me long to complete my hygiene routine, maybe about 35 minutes had passed before I was stepping out of the shower.

After my shower, I brushed my teeth and then completed my skin care routine. Once I was done with everything, I quickly made my way out of the bathroom.