59.

Zuria

Waking up sick to my stomach, I quickly hopped out of bed and ran to the toilet.

"Mm." I whined after emptying my stomach and flushing the toilet.

"Baby." I whined slowly standing to my feet as I pushed my hair up into a bun, looking at myself in the mirror.

"Mitch." I called again, receiving no response.

Sighing deeply, I grabbed my toothbrush before brushing my teeth and then washing my face. It didn't take me long to do, once I finished, I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my phone.

When I did, I had a bunch of missed calls and text messages from Mya, Retta, Mitch, Ms. Gladys and my mother.

"What the hell?" I said to myself, praying nothing bad happened.

Before I could even decide who to call back, a call came in from Mya and I quickly.

"Hello?" I answered as she bawled into the phone.

"Z." She cried hard as I sat down on the bed, preparing myself for what she was about to tell me.

"What's wrong, Mya?" I asked, biting my lip nervously.

"What happened?" I went on.

"Mitch.." She trailed as I held my breath for what she was about to tell me.

"Mitch put a fucking green light on Hayes and now he's in the ICU and-" She started but stopped, making me gasp.

"They're saying it's not looking too good." Her voice cracked as my heart sunk deeply.

"What?"

"Yes, Z." She went on.

"Last night he must've texted Pablo and Jay and told them green light on Hayes so them and a bunch of other guys jumped him, out in front of the hotel we were staying in."

Face palming myself, I sat there while my mind ran a mile a minute.

Mitch is so fucking dumb. I thought to myself.

"Where are y'all right now?" I finally spoke.

"We're at Jefferson Hospital downtown."

"Okay." I nodded slowly, getting myself together as my stomach turned.

"I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Okay, sis. See you." She sniffed before the call ended.

As soon as it did, I sat at the edge of the bed with twisted lips, just trying my hardest not to make any rash decisions because of Mitch's childish ass decisions.

He had obviously played for a fool and made me think he was going to be a grown up and let it go but I should've known better. He just wanted me to shut up and have sex with him.

Smiling angrily to myself, I got up from bed and went into the small drawer that I had here. Thinking nothing of my outfit at the moment, I threw on my pink juicy couture tracksuit and my white Chanel runners before I put my hair up into a ponytail.

I didn't even care what I looked like today, I was already feeling sick and too much was going on at the crack of dawn.

Making my way out of the room and down the staircase, I grabbed my purse from the holder and then my keys. Making my way out of the front door, my phone rang and rang as I sped walk to the car.

"Hello." I answered without looking at the caller I.D , unlocking my car door and quickly getting in.

"Z, where are you? Did you hear what happened?" Retta's voice came through the phone as I started my car and pulled off.