8th Chapter : There for you

Nabila's POV:

"Where is Harry?" I asked Niall as he entered the cafe.

"He said he’ll be here at 10.30." Niall said,taking a seat beside Nafisa.

"But it's 10:50 already." Nafisa checked her watch.

"Let's wait for a while." Mifty suggested.

We waited for another hour, but there was no trace of him.

"He isn’t picking up his phone." Liam confirmed.

"Maybe he went back home?" Fariha offered.

"Should we go and try to cheer him up?" Orpa asked.

"Not now...in the afternoon?" Mishka asked.

"Yeah. Is 4:00 pm fine?" Nadira asked everyone.

"Sounds okay."

----------------

I jolted up on my bed.

5:00 pm!!

Shit! I slept for hours!

I quickly grabbed by phone.

17 missed calls.
186 new messages from group chat.

Shit! I face palmed myself.
We were supposed to meet him at 4:00 pm.

I checked the group chat.

FRIENDS FOREVER

Nadira : What should we do now?
Liam : God knows......
Nabila : Hey guys.....what happened?
Mifty : Well....we visited him.

Nafisa : But he locked himself in his
room.

Orpa : He wasn’t even answering!😑😑😑

Nabila : Oh my God!
Fariha : We called you Nabila....but  you didn’t answer....

Nabila : I was sleeping....but he can't just lock himself in his room like that!
Mishka : Ikr.
Niall : Nabi...Maybe you should go..
Nabila : I am. Wish me luck.

Putting on my sandals, I started running towards his house without wasting a second.

---------------

"Go away!" Harry said roughly when I knocked on the door.

"Come on, out Haz. You'll feel better if you don't lock yourself in your room." I said softly.

"Nabi? Can you leave? I will only feel better if you leave." He retorted in a  slightly cracked voice.

"You know that I know you better than this. I'm not believing this shit! And if you think I am leaving you in this state, you will be heavily mistaken." I replied leaning against the door.

The next few minutes spent like that..... Me standing in front of his room, saying soothing words.

After what felt like an eternity, he finally opened his door. A slow gasp escaped my lips as I take a look at his state.

His eyes were red and puffy, as if he was crying. His all time perfect hair looked bouffant. He looked so tired and vulnerable.

"Haz-" I tried to say, but soon got cut off as he put his arms around me and pulled me in a hug.

He buried his face in my hair. He was trembling like a leaf in the wind. Slow sobs escaped his lips through the suppressed sound of hiccups.

Tears welled from deep inside and coursed down his cheeks. I could feel my shoulder getting wet from the teardrops. I could hear my own heart breaking at this sight.

He never cries......

He didn’t cry when his parents got divorced. He was devastated, yet there wasn't a single tear in his eyes.

And even when he broke up with Kendall, he didn’t cry.......

It felt like he wasn’t just crying for the incident that took place that day. He was crying for all the time before.....as if he was finally releasing his burden onto me....And I knew that I would accept them willingly......

"Thanks for staying, Nabila..." Harry murmured, his voice muffled against my hair.

"Don't mention it. I'm always here for you." I whispered softly, underneath my breath.

The next few hours spent like that, him holding onto me....whispering secrets no one else has to know.....

----------------------

A/N: Congratulations to my friend jayee05. Her story got the 3rd prize on Starlight Awards. ❤❤❤

 ❤❤❤