16th Chapter : After

Nabila's POV :

Another surprise was waiting for me when I reached home.

As I entered my room, I found my sister, sitting at the edge of the bed, fidgeting with her fingers. She was still in her white apron, which meant she hadn't change her clothes despite coming home an hour ago.

She flashed an expectant look at me as she noticed me entereing the room.

"Hey." I muttered, before noticing something shiny on her finger, "Is it a ring?"

"Yeah," She replied, blushing slightly,
"Louis gave it to me.... It's a promise ring. It used to belong to his grandmother."

A quiet contentment spread through me at her words, and I felt my lips formed into a smile at that.
At least my sister was happy with someone who cares for her and loves her..........

"That's really sweet." I said.
She smiled.
"So...." I trailed, "I won't have to break his vertebras then, right?"

"Nah! He is treating me right." She laughed.

"But, can I say the same about you?" She said, suddenly leaving her chirpy mood and putting on a serious expression.

I froze at that. What was happening?
"I don't know what you are talking about!"

"I was talking about you and Harry. Gemma told me that you guys are dating."

Shit!
I could feel the colour draining from my face.
How did Harry's sister know?

"Uh-yeah..." I muttered.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked, and I could see hurt flashing in her eyes.
"Umm...I forgot to mention."

"Oh." She sighed, clearly unconvinced.

I mentally sighed . We told each other everything . Of course she knew that I wouldn't hide something like that from her.

"So, how's everything going on with you two?" She asked after a long pause. 

"Good." I replied , my eyes fixated on the floor as they were too guilty to meet Sadia's eyes.

"And you're happy?"

"I am." 

"Nabi." She said, breaking the pregnant pause that were hovering over us, "I  can tell when you're lying."

I felt shiver running down my spine as I looked up at her . And that's when I realized that I couldn't keep lying.

Not to her.

"Well....." I started, my voice shaking, "Last week.........."

I ended up sharing everything with her that night. I let my heart out to her in cracked, shaky voice.

"What have you done...." She whispered, before pulling me in a hug. I finally let my tears out as I hold on to her like my life was depending on it.

I broke down in sobs, moans escaped my lips through the suppressed sound of hiccups. Tears spilt over and flowed down my face like a river escaping a dam.

She held me close, her own eyes resembling mine as they were filled with unshed tears. She silently ran her fingers through my hair as I cried on her shoulder.

I was glad that she neither scold me nor tried to give me advises about my decision. Rather, she held me close, silently letting me know that she would always have a safe place for me.........

But we both knew it.

I always wanted to be the one for Harry. I wanted to be the one who will be the one to light a flame inside his eyes, those emerald eyes.....

Little did I know, the strange urge was destroying me internally. It was shattering my heart into pieces.

-------------

A/N : Yay! I managed to update faster this time.

QOFC : What is something you cannot live without? [Thing, not a person....or your body parts🙂]

AA : My glasses(spectacles)! They are my bestest friends. Also, my phone, charger and headphones ❤

 Also, my phone, charger and headphones ❤