23rd Chapter : Sadia & Louis

Sadia's POV :

(Flashback : 3 years ago)

Nervousness, anxiety, excitement & happiness.
I was drawn into so many emotions once I entered the University area.

Stanford University Of California.

It used to be my dream University, and even though I was standing before the building, I was having a hard time believing that I was finally a student of this university. Saying I was nervous would be an understatement as I walked inside for the first time.

After a few minutes, I was feeling dizzy out of anxiety as I figured I was completely lost.

"Well done!" I told myself, "It's your first day and you can't even find the room BK 102."

I sighed. It was supposed to be on the first floor, where on earth was it?!

"Ouch!" I heard a shriek, and before I could process what was happening, I collided with the cold floor with books sprawling all over.

Great! Now I have bumped into someone and fallen on the ground.

"I'm so so sorrr-" I abruptly stopped talking as I glanced up at him.

God, was he even real?

The guy in front of me was a few inches taller than me. In the morning sunlight which was creeping through the windows, his tanned skin was practically glowing. With his sharp jawline and cheekbones, he was undoubtedly the most handsome guy I've even seen in my entire lifetime.

But the most irresistible thing about him was his sapphire blue eyes, which was sparkling like ocean in summer sun.

"Are you alright, miss?"
"Yeah... Uhm...I am- fine." I stuttered as I took his stretched out hand and stood up.

He glanced at my white apron.
"Are you studying medicine?"
"Yeah."

"Well.... you're in the wrong place. It's  the Engineering Department. The Medical Department is situated in the opposite of this building."

My cheeks reddened in embarrassment. Why was I studying medicine, anyways? I should be a writer and write a book named "101 ways of embarrassing yourself on your first day at school."

"Thanks." I said, and without giving him another chance to talk, I sprinted out of the building.

------------------------

Later that day, I became friends with a guy named Zayn from my class, who was studying medicine as well. In lunch break, we went to the canteen to meet our respective friends.

"My friend, Gemma, is studying Biotechnology. What about your friend?"

"Engineering. Louis is a childhood friend of mine, I haven't seen him in the past 4 years."

We headed different ways. A while later, while I was sitting in the cafe with Gemma, I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

"Sadia, this is my friend Louis. Louis, Sadia." Zayn introduced us.

I looked up to find those sapphire blue eyes from earlier......

------------------------

(Present)

In my opinion, the best way to spend the afternoon was to hang out with my friends and my boyfriend in the University lawn.

But today, I couldn't concentrate. I wasn't listening to Zayn's ramble about something stupid Walihya did. I was all over thinking about the same thing for the past few days.

My younger sister. Nabila.

She had been so distant lately. Whenever I went to her room, I always find her sitting on her bedside table and stare at the wall. She used to be the most cheerful person I have ever seen, and now, I barely see her laughing. Also, I swear I heard her crying in her pillow and sniffling late at night.

It hurt so much to see her like that, and I didn't know what to do.....

"You okay?" Louis nudged me.
"Wha-what?"
"No...you just seem quite. Let me know if something is bothering you, okay?"

I nodded, and slowly put my head on his shoulder.

I thought for a while. I wanted to do something to cheer her up. I was thinking about doing something special for long time, if I was being honest.

And then, it struck me.

Why don't I throw her a Birthday Party?

------------------------------

A/N: There will be a birthday party!! Are you guys excited for it?I'll upload it on...... February 15!

Love you all ❤️