21th Chapter : Dinner and Movie

Nabila's POV :

I had been staring at my reflection in the mirror for the last few minutes,
thinking how much I have changed in the past few months, and wondering  whether my change was reflected on my face as well.

I had always been the type of person who is always 'happy', who is smiling all the time. But I knew what I was going through behind that smiling facade for the past few months.....

"Hey Nabil." The familiar voice of my sister brought me back to reality.

"Hii." I passed her a small smile, before finally pulling out some face powder to apply on my face.

"Are you going out now? It's Wednesday, don’t you have homeworks?"
"Finished them in the afternoon, didn’t sleep." I rolled my eyes playfully, "Don't worry about me sis."

"Just checking. Where are you going anyway?"
"Well......Anne invited me over, Niall told her." I said in such a tone as if it was the most normal thing on earth.

"Shit!" Her eyes widened, before she whispered out, "Does mom know as well?"

"Nah, Harry told Anne something like we wanna keep it a secret and not to tell my mom."

"Thank god!" She sighed in relief, "But are you seriously losing your sleep because of this?"

"Hey....It's only one day. Why are you being like this?" I looked at her hurtfully.

She stood up and placed her finger on my chin, making me look up, "It's not 'one day' only, you've been devastated fot the last few months." She lowered her tone and whispered, "Look, I'm worried about you, have you even looked at yourself?"

I looked in the mirror again. Dark circles encircled around my eyes, from all the sleepless nights I spent crying for him. My face looked paler than before. A never removing sad look is plastered on my face.

"Everything will be fine once he gets back with her....." I mumbled.

"You really think so? Because I think you should leave this before it gets too toxic for you to handle. Just let him go...."

"But I can't." I moved my head from side to side, "I can't lose him just like that. Besides, it will not only affect us, but also everyone else." I sighed.

She nodded, sighing.
"But take care of yourself, all right? Now, I'll leave you to get ready."

I nodded as she left my room. I decided to put on a light makeup. I put on some kajal, mascara and lipstick.

After doing my makeup, I went through the outfits. Finally, I chose to wear a soft violet dress. I tugged on a pair of matching flats. Pulling my hair in a high ponytail, I tied a small chain with a cute pendant around my neck.

Taking a deep breath, I casted one last look at my mirror and started walking towards Harry's house.

~~~~~~~~~

"Mom, she's here." He called as I entered the two storied house, and after few seconds, Anne appeared at the doorway with a warm smile on her face.

"Hi dear. How're you?" she asked as she pulled me in a hug.
Unprepared, I put my arms around her as well.
"Hey Anne. I'm great, what about you?"
"I'm fine as well, it's been a while since I saw you."

"Mum!" Harry objected, "you saw her last week!"
"One week is a long time. You are going to bring her here more, you hear me?" Anne said to Harry, causing him to pout.

"Guess you took my place as the favorite person on mum's list, how did you even manage to do that?" Harry groaned.

"Because," I coughed dramatically, "I'm quite loveable." I giggled, causing him to snort softly.
"As if." He rolled his eyes playfully.

I followed Anne to the kitchen to help her, while Harry was setting the table.

"I think I should say thanks to you." Anne smiled at me, "He seems so much happier. I haven’t seen him so happy since....." She sighed.

And I wished I could tell her that he wasn’t happy because of me, he was happy because he was thinking that he'll get back with her soon.

But I didn’t. Instead, I smiled back,as if I really was the person behind Harry's happiness......

-----------------

Nabila's Dress :