10th Chapter : Proposal

A/N: I somehow ended up writing a big chapter!😅

Nabila's POV :

"Niall's gonna be so sad when he will hear that we went to Nando's without him." Nafisa said out of the blue.

Me, along with the girls, stopped at Nando's after shopping.

Fariha facepalmed at Nafisa's word. Mishka and Orpa mouthed 'Here we go again' to each-other. Nadira looked at me with a mixed expression on her face, before barking out a laughter.

"You love him, don't you?" Mifty took a deep breath.

"Wait what? I mean- uh-"

"Come one girl, just admit it." I smiled at her.

"You're right. I'm in love with Niall." Nafisa admitted, after a long pause.

"Can't you admit for once in - wait....YOU JUST DID?!" Mifty gasped.

"Finally! Yay!" Orpa shouted, so loud that everyone else at the restaurant turned their heads to look at us.

"Don't you think that you've said it way too quietly? Maybe the queen of England couldn't hear your shout properly!" Nadira said in a sarcastic tone.

"Anyway...I've an idea!" Mishka suddenly said.

"Yeah?"

"Nafisa, if you wanna ask him out.....you should do it with Nando's food. He won't be able to reject Nando's." Mishka said, her face crinkled in laughter.

Nafisa hit her playfully before bursting out laughing as well. We all joined them soon after.

----------------------

Later that day, after reaching home, I opened my phone to find 2 new messages.

2 new messages from Haz💕

Haz💕 : Heyy! Finished shopping?

Me : Yup! I'm home now. 😄
What about you? Had fun with the boys?

Haz💕 : Yeah, just reached home. But you've reached home already......You guys actually finished shopping quickly!

Me : Well, we stopped at Nando's after shopping, and I've reached home half an hour ago. 😁

Haz💕: Ate without me? 😑😭

Me : Told you before, to join us. 😂😜

Haz💕 : 😑😑😑
Btw....don't you have a free period tomorrow?

Me : Yeah, 6th period. Why?

Haz💕 : Umm...meet me in the library.

Me : Oh okay 🙂

Switching off my phone, I went to sleep, wondering what the next day would bring.

---------------

"Hey" I said to Harry as he flopped down beside me.

"Hey Nabi. Listen, I have something really important to tell you."

"Okay, say it."

"Ugh- I- Will you - umm- be my girlfriend?"

Wait a minute.

Wait a damn minute.

What just happened?

All of my books dropped from my hands and my mouth agape in shock at his words."

"What?!"
I found the librarian glaring at me for making too much noise in the library.

"Sorry ma'am." I muttered, still trying to process Harry's words.

"Sorry Nabila.....What I meant was..... Will you be my fake girlfriend?" Harry pleaded, taking a deep breath.

I froze as soon as realization hit me like a train. I felt like the air got knocked out of my lungs and I couldn't breath properly, as if a thousand knives pierced through my heart, stabbing me with every word.

My best friend, whom I had known for the past 10 years, whom I was in love with, wanted me to be in a pretend relationship with him......

"Why?" I somehow managed to say.

"Because I want to get Kendall back in his life. I have to make her jealous and make her feel like I moved on.... Please Nabi, you're the only person who can help me, you're my best friend...." He kept going on, but I wasn’t listening.

How much I wished the ground would swallow me up.....

"No! I should say no... Or else I will get more attached. I have to say no. I can't agree." This mantra kept repeating in the conscious part of my mind.

But I didn't say no.

I couldn't.

Because at that moment, I had to choose between myself and him, and I'd always choose his happiness.....Blindly, without hesitation........

I squeezed my eyes shut and bit my lips, not knowing what to do.....

"Nabi?Will you?" Harry asked.

I fluttered my eyes open. Those pleading green eyes were staring right into mine....

How could I say no in front of those emerald green eyes?

"I will" I say in a cracked voice.

He smiled at me. A genuine smile, for the first time in weeks.....

As he pulled me in a hug, I harshly wiped the single drop of tear, which I couldn’t fight back from falling, before putting my arms around him as well.

And yeah, maybe it would be worth it.
For that beautiful dimpled smile.

And I'd do anything for Harry......

-------------------