18th Chapter : Falling (Part : 2)

Nabila's POV:

As he kept on singing, I felt like he and I were as one, his pain was my own familiar pain......

Finally, after the exhausted experience, he finished the song with a high note, and a sigh which rose from the bottom of his heart. As it ended, it felt like the air was replaced with sadness.

He unglued his eyelids. As his glossy eyes met mine, I was sure my eyes were resembling his.

"Oh my god!" I mumbled, "It was amazing!"

"You think so?"

"Of course! The emotion you put in this song....and the way you sing it...." I trailed.

"I dedicated this song to you." He chuckled.

"You did what?? But it's your first song- you're sure you wanna dedicate it to me?"

"Who else would I dedicate my first song to?" Harry asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

A feeling of warmth washed over me.
"Thanks Haz." I whispered.

He smiled at me in response.

"Also, you have to promise me something." I said.
"What?"

"Never stop singing, and writing songs. I know how passionate you are about it..... So....don't stop doing something you're so passionate about, no matter what other people are saying."

He examined my face for a second, before finally responding, "Of course I won't let it go, besides.... I got you to pull me up even if I decide something like that, which I won't."

"Good." I nodded, " Because otherwise, how am I supposed to say, "I'm the best friend of the famous singer and songwriter Harry Styles, talk to me when you're in my level." ?"

"Really?" He laughed, "That's the only reason?"

"Of course, you really thought there would be another reason?" I faked a snort as he let out a soft laughter.

"Hey it's seven already." I said, getting up, "I've to go home."

"What? Noo why? Stay for dinner."

"I wish I could." I sighed, "But Mrs.Smith gave us loads of homwork, - Oh and do you know what Mrs.Smith gave us? She told us to write the same composition 15 times!"

"Ugh I hate that woman!" Harry said in a frustrated voice, "Tell me one good thing she did in her life!!"

"Well...." I trailed, "She actually helped me make a friend last week."

"Really?"

"Yeah, after her class, as she left the classroom, I whispered “I hate her” underneath my breath. But this girl heard me and said, “Ugh me too”. So yeah, we bonded over the hatred for her. Her name's Arpita, she's nice"

"Why do I didn't know that,tho? I mean, I thought we tell each other everything." He said after his laughter dried out.

"Umm..... You didn’t really ask about me last week, did you?" I asked in a subdued tone, after a long pause.

I could see hurt flashing in his eyes for a second.
"I should go home." I mumbled.

"Nabi, wait!" He said above a whisper while coming closer to me as I made my way to the front door, "No matter what happens, you'll always remain my first priority, remember that?"

I looked straight at his eyes for a few seconds before finally replying, "I am?" I breathed out.

"Yes, you are." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into a sudden hug, "and you always will be."

As I melted into his arms, I felt my heart turning into a puddle of mush.

Later that day, as I was walking home, I realized that I was feeling rather relieved.
I felt like he answered the question which was troubling me for such a long time.

Now I just hoped I would stay Harry's first priority......

--------------

A/N : Hope you enjoyed the twin chapters. Don't forget to let me know your thoughts. ❤❤❤

 ❤❤❤