26th Chapter : Concert

Harry's POV :

At five, I parked my car in front of her house and shot her a text. A few minutes later, I saw her approaching my car.

I jumped out of my car and headed towards her. As her gaze met mine, she smiled at me softly.

She was wearing a red and white skirt outfit with matching accecories.  Her hair was pulled into a braided headband style, causing hair locks to fall over her face.

I suddenly started to feel nervous.

She looked beautiful.

Wait.....WHAT?
No. I didn't mean it like that. I said it in a completely platonic way, because she was my best friend. Yes, that's what happened.

"Haz? Why are you staring at me like that? Something on my face?"
"What- Oh umm....yeah."
"Where?"
"Umm....right here." I ran my thumb over her cheek for no reason, as if I was brushing dust off, "It's okay now."

What was wrong with me?

"Thanks. Let's go now!" She chirped.

I opened the car door for her and gestured her to get into the car.

"I am sooooo excited!!" She started to  dance in her seat as soon as I get inside the car, and I found myself grinning from ear to ear at her excitement.

When we reached the stadium where the concert was supposed to be held, we took a some photos and selfies together, before she came up with another idea.

"Do the face paint." She laughed.
"Really? Because, I will do it.......ONLY if you do it too." I chuckled.
"Nope, not happening. Do I look like a five year old to you?"
"Why did you suggest me earlier then? Do I look like a five year old to you?"
"Your mental age is not more than five if I'm being honest." She laughed.

"Okay, fine. We’re both doing it." She hit me playfully when I glared at her.

And that was how we both ended up with a face paint before finally entering the stadium.

--------------------

"Welcome to MITAM tour!!
All right fans, now you have to guess what our next song is going to be!"

"A.M." We screamed, along with most of the fans around us.
"Yes, that's right. we are going to sing A.M. right now.

Nabila grinned at me, before staring back at the concert. Her eyes were sparkling as she was smiling slightly,  the concert lights reflected on her face, and there was something about that sight, from which I couldn’t take my eyes off.......

Carefully, I took out my phone and clicked a picture. She didn’t notice as she was too busy enjoying the concert. I also diverted my attention back to the concert.

❝You and me were raised in the same part of town
Got these scars on the same ground
Remember how we used to kick around just wasting time?

Won't you stay 'til the A.M.?
All my favourite conversations
Always made in the A.M.❞

I looked down at her to find her smiling at me as well. Those few lines of this song always reminded us of us, the bond we share.
We were there for each other ever since we were kids. We were neighbours and we used to play together all the time.

And about our late night chats.....

My parents got divorced when I was 10. My dad was abusive, and he cheated on my mum. It was a really hard time for all of us. Nabila helped me a lot to get over my depression at that time. Even at late night, I used to call her and chat for a long time, she understood me a lot. She was the person with whom I could share each and everything.

I ended up dropping a year for all those things, and at that time, she supported me. I started to learn how to play football and play guitar, and
those slowly became my coping mechanism, which helped me though  my break up too.

"Hey, you ok?" Her concern filled voice pulled me out of the trance.
"Yeah." I smiled at her.

The next song started at that moment. She leaned against me to put her head on my shoulder and we get lost in the music.

❝When you're lost, I'll find a way, I'll be your light,
You'll never feel like you're alone,
I'll make this feel like home.❞

And I felt that, as I wrapped an arm around her to pull her closer, because, yeah, she felt like home.....

Nabila's Dress :