FIFTEEN

------- CASTINE -------

It's Sunday, and that means we don't have classes today. But even on our days off we're only allowed to do 'feminine things' like have tea out in the garden.

It's a sprawling field of green with lots of manicured rose bushes, and specified walking paths we're required to stay on, white iron tables and benches scattered around, and rows of enormous trees lining the perimeter of the garden. I'm pretty sure they put them there to try and hide the fences.

I nervously check the time on my bracelet before glancing to where Francisco is posted near the greenhouse. In just five minutes he'll tell me he needs to speak to me and he'll escort me to a secluded part of the garden where we can speak in private.

I catch sight of Elaia sitting with a couple of the other girls from the city whose names I don't remember. We agreed to stay away from each other so that our plan seemed less suspicious.

As I wait for Francisco, I absently listen to Albia and Naya talking about how much they miss coffee.

"Girl, I hear you. I miss coffee so much, it physically hurts!" Naya exclaims.

"It's not fair that they get to drink coffee while we're stuck with flower water," Albia replies distastefully.

"It's not, but it's the way things have to be," Naya says before winking to us.

I crack a smile. They don't know about The Wildflower Society, or about Elaia and I's plans to figure out what it is, but they're still rebels. My outsiders are still in there and I have to get them out of here before Sebastian gets the chance to brainwash them.

I glance at my bracelet once more, making sure it's time. "I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to sneak some from the cafeteria," I add a little loudly.

Right then, Francisco pushes himself off of the tree he's leaning against, stalking towards me, his black coat flowing behind him in the breeze. He stops a few feet from our table, looking mildly irritated. "Castine, I'm going to have to ask you to come with me," he says dryly, his hands clasped behind his back.

"For that?!" Naya spits, throwing her hands out.

Francisco narrows his eyes at her. "Do not interfere with affairs that are not yours," he tells her coldly before turning back towards me. "Miss Reyes?" The impatience in his voice is obvious.

Hesitantly, I stand and he places his hand on my shoulder, guiding me forward. He leads me down a particular walkway towards the facility, and for a split second I think that I might actually be in trouble. That he's going to turn me in. But then I remember that I know his secret too. He wouldn't tell Sebastian a damn thing, knowing I could just as easily destroy him. Besides, Sebastian isn't even here today, so even if he was going to rat me out, it would have to wait until tomorrow.