Chapter 17

Chapter 17

He sat up and looked at in disbelief.

" you're gonna tell me? " he said" you don't even know my name "

This is true.

I shrugged my shoulders" so what's your name "

" Rico " he said.

" Rico " I said tasting the name in my mouth." what's your full name "

" Frederico "

" are you from Porte Rico "

He let out a small laugh" I'm half Mexican "

" what's up with half "

" my dad's American and my mom's Mexican "

" oh " I said. We fell into a comfortable silence while both of us stared at the pond.

...

" you still gonna tell he " Rico said breaking the silence.

I nodded my head" I guess so ".

" school is really difficult " I started.

" you could say that again " he said.

" every thing started when I moved her a few months ago, I met this guy - "

" you fell in love with him, you guys get together, he cheats on you, you leave him, and now he wants you back " he said cutting me off.

" no " I said turning to him and looking at him in surprise, that is just way too cliche.

" he's my neighbour " I continued, looking at the pond again." my next door neighbour, and his window is like, directly in from if mine- "

" oh, so this is like a guy next door love story "he said cutting me off again.

" no, would you just let me finish " I retorted, anger building up inside me.

He shrugged his shoulders.

" so I met the guy, his name is Freddy " I looked at him, sitting beside me, playing with his long curly light brown hair.

" are you paying attention " he looked at me with a blank expression on his face.

" Uh... "

His eyes widened as realisation hit him.

" oh, your telling my the story of your sad life, sorry, forgot "

Seriously ' sad life '. My life is not sad. I just looked at him, very disgusted, like I don't even know how to reply that, that kind of situation were you can't think of a disgusting thing to compare the person with.

" gee I said sorry "

" whatever, so later, in school, I met this other girl, her name is Reesha, she was nice-"

" ' was nice '? Is she some kind of mean girl now " he said as he played with his hair.

" no... yes... Just listen " he shrugged.

" so this girl became my friend "

" obviously " I tensed up as I turned to look at him.

" can you like... stop " he kept quiet and I waited a while before I continued.

" one day, I was in my room - "

" who would have guessed " I hit him on the shoulder for that and he just looked at me like ' why '.
I ignored him and continued.

" and my sister was there to, some how we both got under Freddy's bed when he was in his room, and we overheard him talking with his friend about Reesha, and it wasn't something good, apparently his friend-Drew- was planning on using Reesha, and the worst part is, Reesha actually likes him " I took a break to look at him, he was still playing with his her, and he looked a cute little baby 😆

" so I told her and boom, she hates me, so one day, Freddy told me he's leaving and all of a sudden, he cares about Reesha and wants me to stop Drew from doing whatever he wants to do, and that's the thing why those Freddy care about Reesha, like the girl isn't even nice, or was did something happen before I came here, I don't know " I said stretching my arms our in a questioning way as I looked at the pond.

" and everyone hates, because they I was lying about the whole Drew using Reesha thing, you know I wish I never even came here, if I was in Nigeria all this shit wouldn't be happening right now " I slumped on the seat.

" and I don't know what at to do, should I stop Drew because of the promise I made to Freddy or I should just forget about " I carried my head in my hand and shut my eyes.

Why does life have to be this cruel.

" so you don't know anyone that knows Freddy " Rico said still playing with his hair while looking at the pond.

I didn't think of that to be honest, wow how didn't I think that, I face palm myself.

" yes, there's this girl she's my chemistry partner and she knows Freddy, how didn't I think of this, since was friends with Freddy she must definitely know why he wants me to do this " I turned to him with wide eyes.

" I gotta go now to her house " I said getting up. I stopped and turned to him.

" and thank you "

" anytime " he said sitting up, then I ran away as fast as I can to my house. Yes people looked at me like ' is anyone chasing you ' but in cases like these, I didn't care because the sooner I get to her house the sooner she tells me what's going on and the sooner Reesha stops treating me badly and then my life would be back to normal.

😀

◽◾◽◾◽◾

Yay, she's gonna have a normal life once again. If like this chapter please vote it and comment so I can see your thought about it.

Kwink*

◽◾◽◾◽◾